SAU Community

V6 twin turbo crossover setup

Bessel

Just wondering just like the picture I did would it clash to have a single setup gt42 twin scroll with a normal crossover pipe on a v6 adding a second turbo on the same setup be bad in every way or it’ll be fine

5EEF95E7-08A4-4B65-82AF-FDEC2B31E0D4.jpeg

Edited by Bessel
  • Confused 1

what the? so you will have both banks feeding a gt42 and one bank feeding a gt30?

that is officially mental my guy. How did you come up with that? I'm all for thinking outside the square, but the square still exists.....

What engine is this for?

Your plan for a 500kw ecotec, with a 2 turbo layout is interesting.

anymore details? Have you already turbo'd an ecotec or first time around?  It is a drag car i assume?

11 minutes ago, Ben C34 said:

Your plan for a 500kw ecotec, with a 2 turbo layout is interesting.

anymore details? Have you already turbo'd an ecotec or first time around?  It is a drag car i assume?

Na first time and street car low boost about 15psi high boost about 20psi

42 minutes ago, Bessel said:

What do you mean don’t get ya how can’t you?

Because....2 different sized turbos implies a sequential system. An inexperienced hobbyist setting up a sequential system from scratch sounds like hilarity. Toyota and Mazda spent millions on their systems and never really got it right.

So, I'll assume you're not doing a sequential system. I'll also assume you're not doing a true compound system, seeing as the turbos appear to be planned to be on opposite sides of the engine. And also because low boost and high boost numbers quoted appear to be about 1/4 of the values that you'd expect for compound.

So, maybe just two stage compression? In which case, the GT30 is mahoosivley oversized. Either that or the GT42 is. Well, at least one side of each of them, probably.

So, then I make a sensible suggestion of binning the additional turbo and putting an original M90 supercharger back into the Ecotec system and properly twincharge it. This actually makes a lot of sense because it will do what you suggest (fill the torque hole caused by the GT42) but.....if proper sequential is out of the question, then proper twincharging is also probably out of the question.

And all of those thoughts went through my mind prior to posting my first response, and it all seemed too hard, so I just copped out and made the post I did.