SAU Community

Z33 booster and bmc on s15

pulpetti

Hi All 

Sorry if this is a dumb question I don't suppose anyone might know if you can just bolt a Z33 booster and bmc on a s15. I know the z32 bmc bolts on. Reason being looking to mount z33 brakes on the s15 so just thought it might be a better fit?

When you say "better fit" do you mean bigger? What are the diameters of the  M/C s? Does the Z33 have the right pipe connections in the right place? Is the 33 booster bigger? If everything checks out you should be fine. If the 33 stuff is not bigger there's really no point. Or just put the brakes on first (assuming that you have checked that they will fit) and worry about the M/C etc if you think you need to once you have tried the brakes.

Thanks for the input I meant I thought it would give a better brake bias but if the bore is the same (Could have checked that good point ?‍♂️) there won't be any real benefit. 

The calipers have the same mounting dimensions you just need to drill the holes out to a 14mm.

23 minutes ago, pulpetti said:

would give a better brake bias but if the bore is the same (Could have checked that good point ?‍♂️) there won't be any real benefit. 

Bias is actually a separate thing. Beyond just the simple brake size differences front to rear (rotors and pistons) the MC itself has an internal bias valve. There is a currently active thread on the BM57 that you should read. Not all MCs of the same type (ie, marked BM57) even have the same characteristics. The Z33 MC could be just about anything. Better than other options, worse than other options, same as other options.