SAU Community

Seperate spring and shock rear coilover adjustment v35

Hi guys, i have these bc racing coilovers and was wondering how you adjust ride height on these. From what ive researched i need to remove the whole setup (the spring and shock) in order to adjust height? Cant i just use the 2 collars on the spring to adjust height while its still installed? Im looking to raise my car by like 10mm

20200612_115640.jpg

Yep, just undo the lock nut on the spring perch, then wind down the spring 5mm. That should give you the extra 10mm ride hight you want. I literally just did the same thing on my Stagea three days ago. Cheers, D.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, D-750 said:

Yep, just undo the lock nut on the spring perch, then wind down the spring 5mm. That should give you the extra 10mm ride hight you want. I literally just did the same thing on my Stagea three days ago. Cheers, D.

So which one is the lock nut and which one do i have to spin? ? Sorry I'm still a newbie with this stuff. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, D-750 said:

Preload isn't a thing to worry about. If you were going crazy on the spring, maybe. But not 10mm.

Alright cool. So i should just go ahead, loosen the top and spin the bottom one clock wise to raise it right? Cheers guys