SAU Community

Newb from Maryland, USA

Cones

On 8/14/2020 at 7:58 PM, True Slide said:

Maryland is fairly close to me. Im in central nj and in September there will be a 2nd annual skyline meet if your interested

That sounds awesome, definitely interested. I'm hoping to have my car back mid,September

1 hour ago, Cones said:

That sounds awesome, definitely interested. I'm hoping to have my car back mid,September

Me too. Mine has been at the paint shop for 3 weeks. They were supposed to be done in 2 weeks but havent touched it.

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LiteraCola said:

Hey dude, any word on the car yet? 

Sadly, no update at the moment.  Block has been at the machine shop since late August, but they're typically a 3-4 weeks turnaround time.  Hopefully soon though!

How are you enjoying yours?  Anything new?  

1 hour ago, True Slide said:

I got the date wrong, its OCT 4 not sept for the skyline meet. in NJ

I've had to adjust my expectations on this projects timeline, and I'm not hopeful to have my car back that soon, but maybe I'll get lucky. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2020 at 12:26 PM, Cones said:

Sadly, no update at the moment.  Block has been at the machine shop since late August, but they're typically a 3-4 weeks turnaround time.  Hopefully soon though!

How are you enjoying yours?  Anything new?  

Well that's unfortunate, sorry to hear that. 

I've been driving the nuts off mine, all over the place man haha. As far as new additions, I installed a new stereo system. Nothing crazy, but way better than the OEM paper speakers. Tonight I'll be cutting the resonator out of the exhaust for a little more noise. It's got what looks like an Apexi Dunk Megaphone Honestly, that's about it. Home projects have slowed down the ole' Skyline fund!

Edited by LiteraCola
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, LiteraCola said:

I've been driving the nuts off mine, all over the place

I'm jealous! I didn't get much seat time before the bearings retired lol. I'll definitely make up for the lost time though! 

3 hours ago, LiteraCola said:

Definitely let me know when you get it back on the road; I'd love to meet up and check that thing out! 

I certainly will.  I haven't seen an R33 up close, other than spotting one on the highway, so I'm excited to see yours!  

Check out the build thread:

https://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/481155-r32-gtr-engine-build-in-the-us/

17 minutes ago, Cones said:

I certainly will.  I haven't seen an R33 up close, other than spotting one on the highway, so I'm excited to see yours!  

Check out the build thread:

https://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/481155-r32-gtr-engine-build-in-the-us/

It's funny; before I went to check out this car the first time, it was the first time I'd ever seen an R33 in real-life haha. I've had the car since July 15th, and I haven't seen another one yet. Come to think of it, I haven't seen any R32's since then either. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/21/2020 at 9:26 AM, LiteraCola said:

Definitely let me know when you get it back on the road; I'd love to meet up and check that thing out! 

Car is almost done!  I'm planning to pick it up next weekend and I can't wait.  How's it going over there in KG?  You still driving the R33 or have you put it away for the winter?

42 minutes ago, Cones said:

Car is almost done!  I'm planning to pick it up next weekend and I can't wait.  How's it going over there in KG?  You still driving the R33 or have you put it away for the winter?

Fantastic! Things are good; I’m still driving the car! Just went on a little cruise the other night! Glad to hear yours is almost done! 

Someone near me got a r33 gtr in January or February but I haven’t seen it yet. I’m in NY btw. I’ve heard many people talk about them building it up so hopefully it’s really cool when they are done and not just an idea that won’t make it to the garage. I’m in Florida right now for Christmas and New Years and before u freak out cause of corona or somethin I’m here every year and I’m keeping to myself. Basically quarantined. I’m right on the beach and not many people r around so it’s easy to stay by myself. I’m looking at a car tho at an import place nearby on Monday so hopefully I leave there with a r32. Then I don’t think I’ll leave my car for the rest of my life. Stay safe everyone and good luck with all ur builds

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Defiance772 said:

I’m looking at a car tho at an import place nearby on Monday so hopefully I leave there with a r32.

Be very careful if you’re dealing with Montu Motors. While they do have some good cars, they also tend to have some pretty bad ones, and you have to know what to look for. Unfortunately they represent all their cars as being really good, and that’s just not the case. 

7 hours ago, Cones said:

Be very careful if you’re dealing with Montu Motors. While they do have some good cars, they also tend to have some pretty bad ones, and you have to know what to look for. Unfortunately they represent all their cars as being really good, and that’s just not the case. 

Thx for warning me but I wasn’t going there but now I know just in case I go there in the future 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Cones said:

@Defiance772 Did you buy a car?  

He raised the price and I was not allowed to buy it because “it’s so old for so much money and I don’t understand y u would want it” (my dads words not mine) my bank account is still in his name cause I’ve had the account like my whole life and it was never changed. This week I’ve been tryin to buy a car that he approves of cause it seems like I’m not gettin one any other way. Unless u want to start like a go fund me and get some money for me. I’m not allowed to go over $18,000 for the car and they raised the price to $20,500 and it’s non negotiable. I guess I’m going to b stuck with an E63😰

I have made a thread to keep everyone updated on... I was going to say my car but maybe I’ll make it all my car stuff but for now it’s on my car/ car buying process

Edited by Defiance772
Add link