SAU Community

Spark and pulse on cyl1 and cyl3 only

So I have a s1 r33 . I have only spark and pulse on cylinders1 and 3 while the car is running I pull the plug on each cylinder and injector while running only 1 and 3 do anything.. tho I have pulled the coils out tested it seams to have spark on all coils also pulled the rail off an all six pulse fuel out. bench tested the injectors for pulse an resistance all seem fine the numbers were all the same 11 or 12 ohms i believe.. what could this be ecu? 

Any help would be good.. first time using forum so apologies.. 1st off my car starts..., idles ok but it's definitely not on all cylinders how many I don't no.. like I said engine doesn't change idle speed when I pull the power supply plug on injector 6,5,4,2 or coil 6,5,4,2 

OK, so now we're a bit more clear. When you said "only have pulse on 1 & 3", that's not true, and it was conflicted by what you said in your first post "pulled the coils out tested it seams to have spark on all coils also pulled the rail off an all six pulse fuel out".

What you really meant was "all cylinders except 1 & 3 appear to really suck".

Could be that those other 4 injectors are too dirty to give you a decent dose, the spark plugs are shitty, the compressions are actually really shit and perhaps masked by oil in the cylinders, etc etc etc.

We are not going to be able to remote diagnose this. I suggest you either take it all apart yourself and see what's inside, or take it to a mechanic for a little bit of directed and effective diagnosis.

When you pulled the spark plugs out to do the compression test, what did the plugs on cylinders one and three look like compared to rest? Did you put the same plugs back into the same cylinders after the compression test?  Have you tried new spark plugs?

You said you had power to the coils, use a LED test light to check to see if the computer is switching the earth at the coils. And/or use a noid light to check for injector pulse and report back your findings.