SAU Community

R33 or R32 GTR

And just because Nissan figures have a new R32 GTR quicker then the new R33 GTR, i doubt those igures are still indicative of the cars you now buy 8-15 years later.

Go for a drive in them and make up your mind based on the individual car. I like R32s but there have been plenty of R33s i would have killed for....so its a car by car thing.

And the have change for mods thing, well that can go pear shaped as all that coin can quickly get eaten with maintenance things.

With the cash in you hand drive as many as you can...then buy what represents the best value and best suits your wants

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FAR lighter???? The difference is 50kg? 3% of the total car weight?!?!?!?!

I am sure there is 50kg difference between some of the posters in this thread!

It is the difference between a full and empty tank of fuel...

"Geee, my car sure is craptacular after I fill it up! But when the empty light comes on it is just soooooo much better" :bs!:

Yeah your right, I should have put "But obviously in a lighter and far more enjoyable package."

The fact is, the r32 is more fun to drive than the r33. Even when compared stock to stock, and modified to modified.

My personal opinion.

Oh. Plus I think they look 100x better on the outside. :)

Probably both if you have a finite budget, using the left over on mods.

LW.

because no way are they going to be left unmodified :)...but I do prefer the BNR32 shape...but the 89's around are getting rather rough, perhaps a later year one.

Gotta put my two bits in here. 32 looks old and isn't dating as well as the 33. There is all of 50 kgs difference in the weight so big deal...thats the reality of it which is so often blown out of proportion. If your that worried about that small an amount of weight and think you can tell the difference in the real world then leave your girlfriend at home or go on a diet, or drive around on empty... The 33 has a better more comfortable driving position, better less dated interior, faster attessa, better ride due to slightly longer wheelbase and due to these factors would probably have a slight advantage on the track ( standard cars - same driver ). Both are great and lets face it very very very similar cars but for my money give me the 33, it looks like it worth a few bob.

better ride due to slightly longer wheelbase and due to these factors would probably have a slight advantage on the track ( standard cars - same driver )....

longer wheelbase = advantage on track...

doesn't work that way unless you increase the F/R track...for that magic geometry setup.

Performance

Exactly right about the weight. People always say straight away, the r33 is soooooo heavy. Seriously, get over it. the diff is minimal. Furthermore, the r33 engine is better. It puts out more torque in standard form, and more power when the electronic limit is removed. I've owned an r32 gtr, and i'd say the attesa is a POS unless if you get the v spec one. It is seirously so slow, that it might as well be a rwd, because by the time the front wheels get power, they don't need it anymore.

Looks

Comparing a perfect condition r32 to an r33. The r33 looks so much better. The shape is so much more modern. r32s are so ugly, and their age is showing up in the design. They can be compared to the boxy supras (the old ones). Now, considering that most r32s will be many years older than an r33, unless if you're lucky, it could be very stuffed.

Interior in the r32 is so out of date.

Forget these cheap r32s, go for an r33 gtr if you have the money. If you don't, go for an r33 gtst.

Forget these cheap r32s, go for an r33 gtr if you have the money. If you don't, go for an r33 gtst.

WTF Who would you buy a 33 GTS-T over a 32 GTR??????

Yes they are looking dated but i guess that's what happens when a Car gets older. I even think my series I 33 V-spec is starting to look dated, series II's are still looking good though.

R33 + S14 = two of the ugliest, slowest performance cars nissan has ever built. These cars removed a lot of the raw emotion the previous models in the series had. Just check the performance figures.

The only thing they have going for them is their price + age. The models are affordable for most, and not 'too old' for most buyers. Plus Aussies love big cars, so the whale is in.

This is why nissan backpedalled for the latest model series. Why do you think they decided to make the R34 lighter, smaller, more responsive? Same with the S15? They found a good thing for the r32+s13 and went back down that path in a more modern package... simple!

R32, R34, S13, S15 = :uh-huh:

As far as I can tell the S14 and S15 have exactly the same track and wheelbase with a 90mm wider body on the S14... Considering the number of people that bone up over widebody S15's I don't really think you have thought this out.

Raw emotion... Puh-lease... Give me a break. If you don't like the "look" of the S14 then fine. But don't try to dress that argument up with technical codshyte. :bs!:

Hey Pentae...check the weight difference between a 34gtr and the 33gtr...not much in it. Not much in it between the 32 and the 34 or the 33 and the 32 or whatever way you want to look at it. Get the specs for the size as well and you'll see there is not much in it with the 34 and the 33. Realistically, as with many cars the styling will make one look bigger than the other when in fact there is little difference. The performance times between all the turbo gtr's is within a few tenths for 1/4 mile, 0-100kph etc etc, so I can only assume you are suggesting that all of the gtr's are some of the slowest performance cars made by nissan...and here I was thinking they were the fastest...silly me! Better go and buy a commodore...

Okay einstein, Why is the r33 + s14 stock quarter mile times the slowest out of the 3 series models nissan has released in the last 15 years?

It might only be '50 kgs' and the 'engine is so much better' Why is the car SLOWER and drives like a boat in comparison?

NISSAN Skyline R32 GT-R = 12.80 sec <-- looks like its still the quickest huh?

NISSAN Skyline R33 GT-R = 13.30 sec

NISSAN Skyline R34 GT-R = 12.90 sec

NISSAN S13 sr20det = 14.30 sec

NISSAN S14 sr20det = 15.10 sec

NISSAN S15 sr20det = 14.50 sec

Because 50kg is a HUGE AMOUNT OF WEIGHT in general car terms, the dimensions of the r33 are WAY larger than the r32 in general car terms.

The weight might be less than your girlfriend weighs, the difference in width/length might not be much longer than your dick, but we're talking about a car. 50kgs IS a big difference, and any dimension increases not measured in mm IS a big difference. Just by looking at an r33+r32 parked next to each other you can tell the difference in size, and which one is styled like more of a circuit racer and which one looks like a big grand tourer to cart your mates around in with eminem playing.

Theres nothing wrong with the r33, its a great car and I would probably own one. But the problem with the r33 is its WAY too overrated compared to the other skyline models, and even other nissan imports. This is because so many guys on this forum own r33s and have never driven anything else.

My 2 cents.

ps. And if ANY of you pricks jump on here and start bagging the figures i've posted, or anything else back it up and be constructive, like I have.