SAU Community

Window Motor Reset Switch - not there

Hi, I just got my '03 coupe, and there's an issue with the passenger mirror. When I put it up with the auto function, it goes all the way up and then back down 10cm. I heard there was a switch and a reset function, however after taking the door panel off I don't see the switch where it is supposed to be, but instead just a round bit of silver metal. I tried 'pressing' it anyway but no luck. Am I looking in the wrong place for the '03 year or did the JDM model not come with the switch? 

Thanks. 

20210325_203437.jpg

Edited by mgrande465

Think that you have made a mistake using the word mirror rather than window. You will likely find comments on window position settings and movement if you search window relearn procedure. I have copied a previous post and it goes: Not hard to do, goes something like ... hold window button down until window winds all the way down, and keep holding for 5 secs or so afterwards. Then hold the button up until it winds all the way up, and keep holding for the same duration. Should then be fixed. 

The recommendation is that the above procedure be used after disconnecting the battery, when as a consequence the windows don't go through their usual moving procedure when the doors are used. Your circumstances are a bit different, but if you haven't already tried this fix, would be worth a try.

On 26/03/2021 at 11:04 PM, Rockit said:

Think that you have made a mistake using the word mirror rather than window. You will likely find comments on window position settings and movement if you search window relearn procedure. I have copied a previous post and it goes: Not hard to do, goes something like ... hold window button down until window winds all the way down, and keep holding for 5 secs or so afterwards. Then hold the button up until it winds all the way up, and keep holding for the same duration. Should then be fixed. 

The recommendation is that the above procedure be used after disconnecting the battery, when as a consequence the windows don't go through their usual moving procedure when the doors are used. Your circumstances are a bit different, but if you haven't already tried this fix, would be worth a try.

Sure did - window not mirror!

Just tried that and nothing. Everywhere I look they talk about a reset switch, but no luck on finding mine.