SAU Community

Engine Bay Respray?

Hi,

The engine bay of my 32 GTR always had this dull and dirt-like colour to it since I bought it. I shrugged it off but its been a while so I figured its time to fix it.

The car is in its factory colour (KL0 - Spark Silver Metallic) but the engine bay looks "dirty" and I have seen on other 32's which are this colour which have a sort of whitish-grey engine  bay. I'm pretty sure the car hasn't been resprayed and the VIN matches that of a KL0 car so I think it just needs a clean.

If this is the case, how should I best go about it because I don't want to damage the original paint underneath and just clean away the top layer given that's what needs to be done. 

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

PHOTO-2021-03-11-12-02-24.jpg

PHOTO-2021-03-11-12-02-25-2.jpg

All i know is I cleaned my R32 Gtr engine bay last weekend, probably had 30years of grease built up, as I was scrubbing off the grease the original paint was stripping off, never had this issue before cleaning an engine bay. Im planning on respraying anyway but yeah, I would avoid any harsh cleaners and use a car soap before touching the harsher stuff.

Goodluck

• 2 years later...
On 6/19/2021 at 3:24 AM, Old man 32 GTR said:

Do this, then paint bay, any painter can paint back to factory spec if that’s what you’re after. 

1ACD7B64-5D5A-440D-A8C3-EC01AF455562.jpeg

How many hours of work did it take you to get to that point? And how do you get the car to the paint shop like this?