SAU Community

Down gearing by itself Wgnc34 s2

SLIXK

When using the car in triptonic usually when giving the car some boost it will down shift back down from 2nd to first when I’m already going at like 50 km/h anyone idea why? Shits pretty consistent think my oem turbo is fried cause of this….imagine boosting from 1st to 2nd then it shits itself and drops to 1 ? That’s unhealthy as for the drive line. Any ideas

Edited by SLIXK

• SLIXK changed the title to Down gearing by itself Wgnc34 s2
On 1/16/2022 at 6:17 PM, Duncan said:

That was a bit hard to follow. You are saying when you floor it in 2nd it shifts down to 1st and that is a concern? What are the revs in 1st when that happens, and at what revs does it shift up to 2nd again?

Boosting from 1-2 if I carry on flat footing it it will jump back to 1st gear while I’m boosting it and about to go to the next gear up!  The concern is it’s jumping down to first gear for no reason when I’ve already maxed out on that gear I should be on 3rd gear but it jumps to 1st and my revs going shooting to redline. 

Edited by SLIXK

On 1/16/2022 at 9:02 PM, GTSBoy said:

Does this sound like.....kickdown?

Just looked up kickdown. It seems like it’s trying to do that but when it happens I’m already at 7000 rpm so why would it do that. Plus does kickdown work in triptonic mode ?

Edited by SLIXK