SAU Community

Let’s talk about my front lip…

As you can see, my front lip is not in the best condition. And I’m wondering, if I was going to sell, how much value would respraying the front lip add?

I’m considering just applying armorall .

What are your thoughts?

Also, how misaligned is my front lip and how difficult would it be to get it looking 100%?

59F1F9EF-41CA-4EE1-98FC-7A476B99CC94.jpeg

Edited by sonic99

Would you care about it if you bought your car? Of all things to look for in a Skyline?

I presume you mean a trim restorer. I have tried it and found it is not really doing anything. As in it looks good for a moment and then it wears off again. Waste of effort. Would not recommend.

Also, that lip looks fine to me. It's not cracked or broken. If someone really cared surely they'd go for something aftermarket.

PS: I seem to have fat-fingered a rating onto this thread and there is no way to undo it. So there you go, 5 stars, thread of the week :)

Hey @sonic99, just as an aside, if you find a way of making the plastic look good again I'd love to hear about it. Thanks!

I have tried the Meguiar's trim detailer at some point and it was pretty useless. It's more like tyre shine than for example headlight restorer that actually improves things. It makes it look better but then washes off again. At the same time it does say detailer and not restorer, so maybe it's the wrong product to go for.

trim_detailer.jpg

• Thanks 1