SAU Community

R33 Sunroof complete Kit or a Sunroof repairer?

Hey SAU team, 

Does anyone have complete Sunroof kit from a R33 GTST Skyline? 

Even if the Glass is broken as I have the Glass in tact, see photos.  

Or can you or someone you know repair the one I have. 

One of the struts is bent and there is a Fibreglass section around the glass, like a seal that has been shattered (see photo, not the best photo but hope you get the idea) all after our Car was broken into. 

So either a complete Kit including seals & firebeglass surround, or someone who can fix what we have and new rubber seals also, would be amazing. 

Or worst case, we will have to replace it with a sliding Sunroof or something that can be built custom to suit the hole but cost effective. 

If anyone knows a Sunroof Guru that is good but cost effective? 

Would love to hear some solutions. 

Thanks heaps team!!! 

We r in Melbourne. 

🚘 👍🇦🇺

Resized_20220313_183409_404961490662616.jpeg

On 4/12/2022 at 10:00 AM, dyl33 said:

Your best bet is to go a quality aftermarket sunroof or if you have heaps of money Nissan still make most parts I believe https://nissan.epc-data.com/skyline/ecr33/3915-rb25det/body/736/

Is it possible to (not in a money-no-object sense) to get an aftermarket sunroof to fit the stock cut-out? I do wonder because I've been dealing with sunroof trauma for about 9 months now on my R34 and have always seen the aftermarket ones advertised. It would be great to get an aftermarket system that retains the stock glass. 

On a side-note, some of the sunroof parts from Nissan are discontinued. I've occasionally seen R33 sunroof assemblies floating around international auctions whilst on my hunt for an R34 one.

On 4/12/2022 at 5:37 PM, GoHashiriya said:

Is it possible to (not in a money-no-object sense) to get an aftermarket sunroof to fit the stock cut-out? I do wonder because I've been dealing with sunroof trauma for about 9 months now on my R34 and have always seen the aftermarket ones advertised. It would be great to get an aftermarket system that retains the stock glass. 

On a side-note, some of the sunroof parts from Nissan are discontinued. I've occasionally seen R33 sunroof assemblies floating around international auctions whilst on my hunt for an R34 one.

I'll keep my eye out for your R34 if you can do the same for my R33? 

On 4/12/2022 at 6:17 PM, EliseT said:

I'll keep my eye out for your R34 if you can do the same for my R33? 

Haha sure. One of the guys here pointed out a complete 34 assembly in Aus but shipping was outrageous. So for me it has to be in Europe or Japan.

FYI, there is an HCR33 sunroof for sale on yahoo auction for 10,000 yen:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s1041724665 

image.thumb.png.6bcab3b79ea0ef8ab35651ec2c5465da.png 

This is a Webasto Hollandia 300 in an R33. Seen them in lots of 33's & 34's

20220412_183601.thumb.jpg.f7ed84574ff5b44588631e53cb7010c9.jpg

Uv glass, auto close, rain sensor etc.

On 12/04/2022 at 5:37 PM, GoHashiriya said:

Would be easy to find one that fits, not sure why you would want to find one that retains the factory glass. 

I think most of the major parts are available from nissan at retarded prices.

On 12/04/2022 at 7:47 PM, GoHashiriya said:

Haha sure. One of the guys here pointed out a complete 34 assembly in Aus but shipping was outrageous. So for me it has to be in Europe or Japan.

FYI, there is an HCR33 sunroof for sale on yahoo auction for 10,000 yen:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s1041724665 

image.thumb.png.6bcab3b79ea0ef8ab35651ec2c5465da.png 

25+ year old 2nd hand sunroof what could go wrong.

On 4/12/2022 at 7:11 PM, dyl33 said:

This is a Webasto Hollandia 300 in an R33. Seen them in lots of 33's & 34's

Uv glass, auto close, rain sensor etc.

Would be easy to find one that fits, not sure why you would want to find one that retains the factory glass. 

I think most of the major parts are available from nissan at retarded prices.

25+ year old 2nd hand sunroof what could go wrong.

I’ve seen those for sale over here too. The thing is, I don’t particularly like the idea of some guy I can barely communicate with cutting up the roof panel. So I should rephrase my question to: is there an option to fit a third party sunroof in the factory sunroof-spec roof panel without cutting up the OEM roof panel?

Yep, OEM prices for sunroof components are at dumb prices. >20k yen for one of the pulley wires.

It’s possible a factory 25yr old sunroof is better than a post-break-in damaged sunroof assembly. I’d go for it provided the local hoarders don’t bid into the extremes for it. 

On 4/13/2022 at 4:08 PM, GTSBoy said:

I would ask the question....is it possible to fix the roof with some steel to replace the bloody stupid glass that someone** jammed in there mistakenly thinking it was a good thing?

**Yes. I'm including Nissan.

Yeah, I've thought about this too. For me, this would be a back-in-the-UK kinda thing as I have the issue that basically no one has that they can't properly converse with body shops and subsequently be able to trust them.

I do like the extra light that comes through from having a 20-odd kg scrap assembly at the highest point of the car though. 😒 

I have a genuine R33 sunroof from a series 1.5. It is complete and was working fine when I parted the car. You are welcome to inspect at Bacchus Marsh. 0428329850