SAU Community

My BMW 335i

PranK

I have found on some of my cars, with plastic lenses, that the sealer has failed where the lens meets the body of the light, or, the rubber O-ring on the globe cover thingie has failed, or fallen off, or I forgot to replace it......

I have had good success with a thin bead of clear silicone around where the lenses meet the body of the light, the O-rings either need a liberal coating of silicone grease or need to be replaced 

Best of luck fixing it, foggy headlights, or taillights, makes me sad 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Bogan said:

I have found on some of my cars, with plastic lenses, that the sealer has failed where the lens meets the body of the light, or, the rubber O-ring on the globe cover thingie has failed, or fallen off, or I forgot to replace it......

I have had good success with a thin bead of clear silicone around where the lenses meet the body of the light, the O-rings either need a liberal coating of silicone grease or need to be replaced 

Best of luck fixing it, foggy headlights, or taillights, makes me sad 

Thanks for that. I think it might be the bulb cover at the back but these fricken lights are so hard to get any access to without removing the wheel liner / splash guard inside the wheel well and accessing them from the well ... which means removing the damn wheel again.