SAU Community

Anyone know what this is? M35

Divett

Located next to headlight level switch. Can’t find any info on it. 
I’ve flipped through all the manuals & scoured the forum but still at a loss. 
any info would be greatly appreciated. IMG_0546.thumb.jpeg.cd711a6cc2e6bfcdc004e09360df77e2.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Divett said:

I’ve flipped through all the manuals & scoured the forum but still at a loss.

It's clearly not Nissan, therefore added by a previous owner, therefore not going to be in any manuals.

Why not follow the wires?

That is an immobiliser, probably fitted when it was imported. There was a time when compliance required an immobiliser on import, and that style was cheap.

There is a small device that goes on the key fob, you push it onto those contacts and then you can start the car for the next x seconds.

If you don't know about it, it must have been bypassed since, so you can replace it with a blanking panel if you want

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Duncan said:

That is an immobiliser, probably fitted when it was imported. There was a time when compliance required an immobiliser on import, and that style was cheap.

There is a small device that goes on the key fob, you push it onto those contacts and then you can start the car for the next x seconds.

If you don't know about it, it must have been bypassed since, so you can replace it with a blanking panel if you want

Every bloody import had those things. Even when mint Sylvia’s were 4K they needed one for insurance 

Thanks so much for the reply guys, genuinely appreciate it. 
this makes perfect sense. 
my car came with the inverter option, I had no idea what else could’ve been optioned & couldn’t find it in the supplied manuals anywhere. 
I reckon it was most definitely bypassed, I’ve never had to use it. 
cheers for the time & effort replying

Most likely it was stuffing something else or not working. If you ever get the chance remove it completely so it can’t stuff your day. Most of them were installed by cowboys or butchers not actually auto electricians