SAU Community

Scissor doors on r32 gtr

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Autosalon shit seems to have catched onto you youngins...2 years and 8 months ago was when the trend started again, then the yanks thought it was good to follow on, making it look like they are the ones who are responsible for the popular return...:P

FYI: there are conversion kits around for every car imaginable.

whats wrong with chrome? adn why is chrome rice?

my new 20s are deep dish and chrome are they rice?

so what sow quality engine bays with chrome detailing is rice?

so people are meant to make their cars look like sh!t as long as they perform so not to be labled as a ricer?

i would like to see what some of you people are going to say about my car when its finished.

whats wrong with chrome? adn why is chrome rice?

my new 20s are deep dish and chrome are they rice?

so what sow quality engine bays with chrome detailing is rice?

so people are meant to make their cars look like sh!t as long as they perform so not to be labled as a ricer?

i would like to see what some of you people are going to say about my car when its finished.

I wouldn't say chrome is "rice" More so the "each to their own" style of the cheaper chrome rims you see on little buzz box 4 cyl's.. that would fall under the "rice" term. On that note, last time i checked, in a nut shell; rice pretty much ment all show no go - and things that had no use. I'm pretty sure your car will have more go then most of the people on this forum have when finished :P

if it helps, I owned a toyota sera at one stage in my life... the car came with factory gullwing doors, which were a pain in the ass coz you had to regass the strut that holds the door up frequently.

Kits are available for the R32 (in melbourne anyways) think it was close to $1500 + fitting from memory. Its just a bracket, a hinge and a strut. Scissor doors look good on the new celicas, 300zx and RX7's, but most of the other cars look wierd i reckon.

I think what people are trying to get at is that Skylines have VERY plain looking doors - frameless sedan style square doors.

They look like shit if they scissor up.

BUT... on a Series 6 RX7... plus say a Amemiya bodykit... it would look sweet.

The RX7 has the curvy shape and swooping doors to pull it off.

A 32 does not.

T.