SAU Community

Few Cefiro Questions. Please Help.

Nismo32

Hi guys.

What power sterring assembly do the cefiros use. Is it R32 or is it S13??? Do u know how much it costs to replace things like the PS pump in a cefiro?? And what rack do they use??

Also if i wanted to swap the engine to a later model R32 RB20DET would i be able to do a direct swap?? So will all the plugs and stuff fit and most importantly would i be able to use the A31 ECU or do i need to change this???

And the same questions for RB25. I assume id have to change the ecu.

Last one. What exhaust is it. S13/R32 or different to both??

Cheers

The powersteering pump appears to be R32 item, because it does pump to the KYB HICAS distributor on the drivers side of the engine bay. I have 2 S13s at home and my Cefiro will be home in a couple of days so I will check then. However my supplier told me my steering pump has been replaced before. If it goes again all the other HICAS crap is being pulled out and a S13 one will go in. If I remember rightly R32 and S13 steering racks are very similar. You could even put in a S15 one if you can find one.

JK

S15 steering racks into ceffies are a common swap, so I'd be fairly certain that the ceffy used the silvia steering (seeing as the suspension setup is similar).

I guess I could use FAST to check for alternate parts, so tell me exactly what you wanna swap and if you can get me a part number and I can tell you which one can donate one... S13 or R32.