extra towbars for same vehicle - about $100 each

+ shipping.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the heavy duty gets rated at 2 tonne I will have one, that way I can tow the race GTR if necessary.

:P cheers :D

I spoke to Max about this yesterday and he said, the engineer will normally only rate it to 1500kg, but the towbar is capable of 2500kg.

It all comes down to the engineer doing the certification. If you know another engineer that wont be as conservative, Max said the towbar wil handle it. It would just be a matter of you getting it certified with that engineer.

The engineer Max has arranged to do Terminal's and my towbar certifications will do extras certifications for the same model of car at a discounted rate, about $100 instead of the normall $450. This would be better for all of us as we could distribute the load.... (hehe, isn't that what a towbar is for anyway???)

Edited by thedriver

I will have a $650 towbar plus shipping to Brisbane

I am not worried about the certification tag

Can you let me know about shipping costs and payment

Thanks

Darrin,

I just spoke to Max (02 62885199), he said it will take probably another couple of weeks to finish another towbar.

He's not sure about the exact weight, but should be UNDER 40kg.

Probably between $30 and $50 for freight.

If you'de like to go ahead let me know and I can organise with Max, or you can give him a call and arrange.

Tee

Edited by thedriver

What is the price of the heavy duty one fitted (without certificate)? I'm still thinking of coming up for the drive and having it done, as I've got to go up to sydney in the new year anyway.... :-)

Ian

What is the price of the heavy duty one fitted (without certificate)? I'm still thinking of coming up for the drive and having it done, as I've got to go up to sydney in the new year anyway.... :-)

Ian

Towbar manufacturing costs:

Standard (rated to about 1300kg) - about $350

Heavy Duty (rated to over 2000kg) - about $650

Compliance plates for custom fitted towbars:

Single towbar - $550

extra towbars for same vehicle - about $100 each

Includes fitting. Fitting only takes a few hours to remove the rear skirt, attach the towbar and refit the skirt.

I'll be away from XMas till mid Jan, so it might be worth you calling Max and arranging a time with him.

Tell him you have a Stagea the same as Tee's (that's me) and he'll know what you're on about.

MAX IS A BIT DEAF THOUGH, SO SPEAK CLEARLY.

Includes fitting. Fitting only takes a few hours to remove the rear skirt, attach the towbar and refit the skirt.

I'll be away from XMas till mid Jan, so it might be worth you calling Max and arranging a time with him.

Tell him you have a Stagea the same as Tee's (that's me) and he'll know what you're on about.

MAX IS A BIT DEAF THOUGH, SO SPEAK CLEARLY.

That sounds good. I'd be doing the heavy duty one as well - no use for it now, but I intend to keep this car for a looonnnggg time (well, what would you 'upgrade' to???) so who knows...

Need to get the cruise control in before I head off though... (as discussed in another thread).

Down hear (Melb) prestige needs the car for three days, and didn't sound that confident about a high load one...

And Tee, you have a series 2 four s like mine? :-) Good to know there is another one around! :-) What color? (you can see mine here http://www.r34skyline.com/wagon/)

And when is your towbar going on?

Ian

I saw his going on yesterday, it looks good. Mine is going on on monday morning.

i have a rear lip on my bar, and i'll need to get a 50mm square cut out of it to fit the towbar so it's not too low. so if you have a rear lip you'll need to cut a bit out.

These are going to be awesome towbars. as soon as i get it done i'll take heaps of photos

That sounds good. I'd be doing the heavy duty one as well - no use for it now, but I intend to keep this car for a looonnnggg time (well, what would you 'upgrade' to???) so who knows...

Need to get the cruise control in before I head off though... (as discussed in another thread).

Down hear (Melb) prestige needs the car for three days, and didn't sound that confident about a high load one...

And Tee, you have a series 2 four s like mine? :-) Good to know there is another one around! :-) What color? (you can see mine here http://www.r34skyline.com/wagon/)

And when is your towbar going on?

Ian

Terminal is right, they are going to be GREAT. Max has been making towbars for over 20 years and he seems to have it down to a fine art.

My S2 is Pearl White - beautiful condition with a DAYZ bodykit! I'll try and get some pics up.

Max steels your car for a day to size it up and start the manufacturing and then you can return later in the week for half a day to have it fitted. Very easy.

Seeing as he knows what he is doing now, I'd imagine he doesn't need the car for measurements etc anymore.

Terminal is right, they are going to be GREAT. Max has been making towbars for over 20 years and he seems to have it down to a fine art.

My S2 is Pearl White - beautiful condition with a DAYZ bodykit! I'll try and get some pics up.

Max steels your car for a day to size it up and start the manufacturing and then you can return later in the week for half a day to have it fitted. Very easy.

Seeing as he knows what he is doing now, I'd imagine he doesn't need the car for measurements etc anymore.

Yep, now that he has done (or almost done) yours (which is a series 2 four s like mine) he should be able to make one up and fit it as I come through canberra (I'd slow down a bit as I go through.. :-) What year is yours (mine is a 2001)?

Ian

Quick pics of Stagea Towbar

Sorry abouty the quality - they were taken with my phone in late evening.

I'll get some better pics later with my camera in daylight!

Looks pretty nice.

Max said that anyone else that wants one will need to be quick, because they are apparently quite difficult to build. At the moment he's got a couple built for other people and he can model them off them, but once they're gone, he'll need a car again.

post-17581-1134984459.jpg

post-17581-1134984491.jpg

post-17581-1134984522.jpg

Quick pics of Stagea Towbar

Sorry abouty the quality - they were taken with my phone in late evening.

I'll get some better pics later with my camera in daylight!

Looks pretty nice.

Max said that anyone else that wants one will need to be quick, because they are apparently quite difficult to build. At the moment he's got a couple built for other people and he can model them off them, but once they're gone, he'll need a car again.

And that's the 2000kg one? And did he also include the bit that goes into it? And where do the electrics plug into - a lead out of the boot, or is that a socket on the left hand side?

Ian