SAU Community

speed cameras and the like..

TSTG33R

yeah i think someone posted this in the general or wasteland a while back... its pretty good. especially if ur going into an area u dont know well and they have fixed cameras :D

Originally posted by clarkey

I wish I saw this 2 weeks ago. I got busted for doing 64 in a 60 zone  

Clarkey:(

Thats just farkin WRONG!!! 64in 60?!?!?!?!!! How the fark are we expected to drive???

Tyre manufacturers say that worn tyres will produce a 3km/h difference (on the speedo) than new ones. I doubt wether anybodys speedo is accurate within 3km/h anyway.

Money hungry kunts!!! The frustration is starting to 5hit me!!!!!! (by the way I got a fine last week to!)

Originally posted by riggaP

Thats just farkin WRONG!!! 64in 60?!?!?!?!!! How the fark are we expected to drive???  

Tyre manufacturers say that worn tyres will produce a 3km/h difference (on the speedo) than new ones. I doubt wether anybodys speedo is accurate within 3km/h anyway.  

Money hungry kunts!!! The frustration is  starting to 5hit me!!!!!! (by the way I got a fine last week to!)

im sensing some frustration rigga :D

Originally posted by clarkey

I wish I saw this 2 weeks ago. I got busted for doing 64 in a 60 zone  

Clarkey:(

There is actually a law that is still in effect that you are allowed 10% of the suggested speed either way.

So if you were in a 60 zone, LEGALLY you can do 66. However the RTA has said fines will only allow a 3k/h difference. I think if you take it to court, you could win.

Originally posted by ex-static

There is actually a law that is still in effect that you are allowed 10% of the suggested speed either way.

So if you were in a 60 zone, LEGALLY you can do 66. However the RTA has said fines will only allow a 3k/h difference. I think if you take it to court, you could win.

The law used to be 10% of 60 then +3kmh. They abolished the 10% of 60 and have left the 3kmh.

Vicroads dont actually have anything to do with the issuing or payment of fines, thats handled by Civic Complience. Details of the law should prolly be taken up with them 9611 7611.

A mate got done for 62km/h in a 60 zone about a month back.

Ironically he just had new tyres installed, I'm curious as to what it did to the rolling circumference and speedo. Same deal, $125.

But its good to see he isn't doing 2km/h over the limit anymore, he could have killed hundreds of people!:)

Opened the mail yesterday and found 57 in a 50 zone fine!!!!!!!:) :bonk: :hellpisd: :cuss: :bs!: :confused: :eek: :whackit: :goddam:

It was in my falcon as well! That car only has a maximum speed of about 40!!!

Originally posted by Bozz

A mate got done for 62km/h in a 60 zone about a month back.

Ironically he just had new tyres installed, I'm curious as to what it did to the rolling circumference and speedo. Same deal, $125.

But its good to see he isn't doing 2km/h over the limit anymore, he could have killed hundreds of people!:D

Was it a camera fine or was he pulled over???? 2k over just doesnt seem like enough. Cameras are now set to go off at 4km over the limit, and coppers wont usually give chase unless its worth the paper work (ie about 20km over). Sure it wasnt 62 in a 50??

Pulled over after a hard takeoff from the lights. Cop was about 200m down the road with the laser.

edit - kept him there for about 30 mins while he started writing out defects for different engine and various other things, then he pulled an engineers certificate out for everything and the cop got really pissed off and booked him for doing 2km/h over the limit.

Originally posted by Bozz

Pulled over after a hard takeoff from the lights. Cop was about 200m down the road with the laser.

edit - kept him there for about 30 mins while he started writing out defects for different engine and various other things, then he pulled an engineers certificate out for everything and the cop got really pissed off and booked him for doing 2km/h over the limit.

Why doesnt that surprise me??

• 3 weeks later...

I only have 3 points left.... no speeding for me for a while... i only get 3 pointers :) Make 2 mistakes and you can't speed for 3 years, screwy!

I still find it hard to believe speed really kills, 1/3 of accidents are caused by people without even seatbelts for f*cks sake!... the other 1/3 or more are f*cking pissed... and the majority of pedestrians killed are pissed as well... we should'nt be held accountable for avoiding idiots walking across the road!

And every car on the road handles the same, every driver looks the same distance ahead on the road. Nope, its all stupid math to support making more money.

Personally I'd rather have more freedom and take the risk that I kill myself in my car. Its my choice to take the risk and wipe myself out, as long as i don't have others in the car.