SAU Community

getting an 15yo Import though regency

slipperywhenboosting

It is state specific. You get as many chances as it takes.

I got my 32GTR through in March this year, needs an engineering cert.

which means you need the following things done.

**Engineering Cert**

**Side intrusion bars installed in the doors**

**Child restraints Installed**

**disabled any turbo timers**

**make sure the car meets normal ADR's(exhaust/mods etc)**

The rules have change abit in the last year, and the following things

NO LONGER need doing:

*mirrors changed from convex to flat*

*unleaded fuel restrictor ("Unleaded Only" sticker required)*

I think thats it really.

If I think of anything else will post it up or just PM me should you want more info.

This was for an 89' R32 GTR.

Cheers,

Stirlo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I took my DR30 through, got it passed first time.

Just make sure the car is clean and presentable, same with yourself and don't act fully uleh

Oh, and the only ADR's it has to adhere to are the ones on one of the forms you should have already, I think it might have been the 'approval to import for registration' one?

• 5 months later...
It is state specific...

The rules have change abit in the last year, and the following things  

NO LONGER need doing:

*mirrors changed from convex to flat*

*unleaded fuel restrictor ("Unleaded Only" sticker required)*

Stirlo

Can anyone confirm that this is the case for WA?

if you speak to transport SA, they will give you a list of things that need changing prior to inspection (side intrusion bars, child restraint anchor points ect)

then you need to make sure you have nothing else defectable ie external venting blow of valves, non adr approved steeringwheels, turbotimers ect ect.

then make sure car is clean with no signs of oil leaks in the engine bay ect.

do all that and you should get through

Abit off topic, but does anyone know if the stamp duty, when you register the car (usually 3% of market value in most states) is calculated on the proper market value of the car in australia now or the purchase price from when we bought it in japan?

Abit off topic, but does anyone know if the stamp duty, when you register the car (usually 3% of market value in most states) is calculated on the proper market value of the car in australia now or the purchase price from when we bought it in japan?

Here in QLD I reg'd my R32 GTR for the first time. When they asked how much I said $20000. If you go off your auction or dealer receipt you can't go wrong.

Here in QLD I reg'd my R32 GTR for the first time.  When they asked how much I said $20000.  If you go off your auction or dealer receipt you can't go wrong.

Basically, the cost price of my car was really cheap, under 4k. When the market value is probably 12-14k. Is it gonna be ok if I show them the receipt for 4k write that as my purchase price?

Basically, the cost price of my car was really cheap, under 4k. When the market value is probably 12-14k. Is it gonna be ok if I show them the receipt for 4k write that as my purchase price?

if you intend to insure the car ...declare market value at rego @ the same amount you want it insured for

smart ass insurer can can use rego declared value for payout

has happened to mate of mine...20k car declared @ 10k (for rego stamp duty) insurer paid out 10k only