SAU Community

Anyone Sent import approval lately??

OohArrGTR

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i sent mine they didnt inform me that i need de rego papers. So i would ring them and make sure they're doing their job (no offence im sure their job sucks as much as mine)

i rang them the day after i shouldve received my approval and thats when they (finally) told me they needed the papers which i had to wait to receive :rofl:

needless to say im still waiting for my car which i should have right now.... not long to go now though

when i sent mine they didnt inform me that i need de rego papers

Don't think you can blame them, VSB 10 (vehicle import requirements) clearly states the requirement to submit these docs with your app [for a 15yo import, if that's what we're talking about]:

"$50.00 application fee, purchase document, certified picture ID if first time applicant and if the year of manufacture shows the vehicle to be 15 years old you will need to supply evidence of the month of manufacture, eg registration/deregistration showing date of first registration, confirmation from the vehicle manufacture or any other evidence available."

I submitted my application on wednesday, so we'll see what happens.

Sent mine in on August 31st, arrived September 1:

Express Post Platinum

Search Results

CONSIGNMENT: ZV454894

Service Level: E Post Platinum

Date Time Location Status

01 Sep 2004 06:35 Canberra Delivered and signed by MIN

01 Sep 2004 05:25 Canberra Onboard with courier driver

01 Sep 2004 01:01 Canberra Received at AaE Depot

31 Aug 2004 20:42 Sydney Picked Up from Sender

Fingers crossed it gets processed quickly. Thankfully I contacted my agent (Prestige) a few days before sending and he advised me that DOTARS had started asking for de-registration papers (or similar proof) and quickly gave me a copy of them to include :rofl:

LW.

yeah soz steveL dont mean to place blame (it never helps anything anyway :rofl:)

Fingers crossed it gets processed quickly. Thankfully I contacted my agent (Prestige) a few days before sending and he advised me that DOTARS had started asking for de-registration papers (or similar proof) and quickly gave me a copy of them to include

obviously asking for de reg papers hasnt always been high on their list but apparently now it is, just anoyed, this has put my car about 3 weeks behind.

i sent my papers in june car only arrived on sep 1st so its still in qld as we speek.

obviously asking for de reg papers hasnt always been high on their list but apparently now it is, just anoyed, this has put my car about 3 weeks behind.

According to Geoff, they have only started asking in the last 2-3 months.

LW

sent mine in the 1st august and got in the post 2 and a half weeks later so pleased only thing is that geoff(prestige) said car would not leave japan till late september arrive early october i cant wait that long i am about to explode....

i sent mine off Monday.. w/ dereg papers, and certified ID. Was a Sept. build. I am expecting 17 days, and then to get the car on the boat a few more after that. Don't expect it to arrive in Australia until late October to be honest. Then compliance.. blah. Least you don't have to pay for shipping until it gets cleared thru customers.

Its a long wait, but thankfully I have my other car to hoon around in the mean time.

Chris when I sent mine off in March it took about seven weeks to come through (although I got messed around a bit with Anzac Day / Easter holidays in between). Give them a couple more weeks then call back to enquire.

As a tip, if you paid the $50 by credit card it'll be billed a couple of days before you receive the import approval in the mail.

2.5 weeks sounds nice :) oh well hopefully in the next couple of weeks..  

Probably wont be on road till november now!

DAMN!

Try and think of it in a more positive light: at least with your application lodged, if DOTARS suddenly changes the rules, you will only be subject to the rules as they currently stand :D

LW.

my papers took about 15 days to arrive, they quote 14 days but a firend of mine waited a month.

basically what i have learn by importing is expect to wait cos there are always delays but when the beast rolls of the truck in fron of ya place and you fire her up the first time, its all worth it.

Apparently opting to pay by Credit Card makes a big difference (1-2 weeks!), so that definately the way to go if you can. It seems that any problem at all basically throws your application to the back of the queue, so make sure you have ticked every (necessary box), dotted your i's and crossed your t's :)

LW.

my papers took about 15 days to arrive, they quote 14 days but a firend of mine waited a month.

basically what i have learn by importing is expect to wait cos there are always delays but when the beast rolls of the truck in fron of ya place and you fire her up the first time, its all worth it.

Then you think "**** it, im going for a spin round the block"

Cherish the fuel you get with the car...Dont waste it..