SAU Community

Townsville - Skyline owner speeding fine thrown out of court?

NismoGirl

I wonder if enough people took the rego number of the car harrasing them and reported it would something be done. Of the police I talk to over 90 percent claim its the injustices that the traffic branch do that causes the friction with the gereral public

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was being a knob in the work van yesterday morning and slid to a stop with the handbrake before wheel spinning (in the wet, omg im such a hero) around the corner into the side street I go to work by and didnt realise there was a marked car sitting in traffic literally 10m away.

He had a stare, but never chased or nothing. Oh well, he saw the boostcruising.com sticker on the back so maybe he'll visit the site. And upload his ride to the members ride. Then, make a cruise journal entry.

I wonder if enough people took the rego number of the car harrasing them and reported it would something be done. Of the police I talk to over 90 percent claim its the injustices that  the traffic branch do that causes the friction with the gereral public

If you rang up and reported it they'd probably also book you for talking on a mobile phone while driving.

well doesn't that ruling at the top set a precident??  .. therefore if this thing happens again ... u can just use the above argument??

There have been numerous precedent cases before this and just because this one is in our favour means almost nothing. Magistrates can decide to overturn or disregard a precedent for many reasons. Despite that, it is a small step towards a fairer system. What I find the most annoying is the fact that we waste 1)tax dollars and 2)time in courts (which are already clogged with, much more worthy offences). Its a waste of time for the police and even worse a waste of time for us. If all fines that were given out where legit then we'd see less clogged courts and much more worthy use of our police force.

I know the guy from Townsville. That article is pretty spot on with what happened at the time. Another mate got done by the same Astra. They followed him in his rx7 for long enough until he tried to get away from them. They were even revving it next to him at the lights. In both cases the cops used the same phrase when they pulled them both over....."your f**ked!". Then they showed them the video. It's just wrong.

well doesn't that ruling at the top set a precident??  .. therefore if this thing happens again ... u can just use the above argument??

I ornginally asked this question when the laws came in. From what I could find out there was a clause in the laws stating that no 'landmark desisions' could be used. So if this is true, put bluntly no.

But HA HA! I think I was out that nite with Erin and James too, at least one of them when the Astra was out, rather ammusing. As soon as it was spotted "hey, thats that new astra cop car" "oh is it the turbo one? or just the normal one?" "hey, hawian shirts! must be cops!"

They are so bloody thick I sware. I want to sue them for wasting police time.

This site may help http://www.roadsense.com.au/

I had some plainclothes guys in an unmarked car in front of me going onto a freeway here in Melb. I could clearly see the rear dome lights on the rear shelf. They swung across both lanes on the slip road straight into the right lane (turning left off the road running under the freeway) so I held the left lane as one legally should until indicating a lane change and accelerated past once in the 100 zone at about 80. Once well past I indicated and pulled across to pass a truck in the left lane (this is a very very long slip road) so they raced up behind me and flashed high beam which I ignored. Another car was in front dawdling at 80 in the 100 zone so I pulled left again and breezed past before indicated right before the lanes merged and then onto the freeway, again indicating with every lane change. Then i see these dickheads with all the lights on going out on the painted traffic island then into traffic on the freeway then chopping the car behind me to pull right up to my bumper. I'm in the track car and think momentarily after I indicate to pull over that I should see just how good his brakes are, but not a good idea so i pull over gradually.

I get the head in the window screaming at me that i can't overtake on the left and that I'm a fcuking dickhead etc. I then get asked for the license and asked full name and address so i provide it with my rank of Captain (Army). I get a response of "So what?" to which I respond that I want to see his badge and ID card and details of his station. He goes off at me again so I ask for him to get a recorder from the car to record the conversation and I then get told I'll get a fine in the mail for overtaking on the left. So I ask where in the state traffic act it deals with that offence, which I know is bogus (you cannot overtake on the left if there are no lane markers, but in this case there were), and that I will report him to Ethics for not indicating to change lanes when entering the slip road (swinging straight into the right lane across the left lane), dangerous driving when it was not necessary, failing to produce ID when requested and not recording the conversation. Then I advise him of the ramifications of these being reported by a military officer with summary authority powers (basically a judge and jury in one) under the defence force discipline act. He goes quiet, gets in his car and drives off, and I thought he would go get the recorder. After coming off the freeway I pull past him at a traffic light and give him a little wave, 2 lights later he starts to tailgate me very close so I slow down even further under 60 so he starts to change lanes and almost collects a 4WD so swerves back behind me. Note to self: very erratic and incompetent driving skills. The next light is red so he then pulls past after the other traffic speeds off and completely ignores 2 cars exceeding the 60 limit by easily 15kmh right in front of us.

5 weeks on, no fine and I'm pissed off as I want to nail this idiot but I only got his rego and no help from the Police with my inquiries. No credibility and a disgrace to any uniform. Time for a Royal Commission into Victorian Police corruption.

My advice, tie up the courts and fight every fine until they realise their bullshit is not welcomed by the motoring majority.

I know the guy from Townsville.  That article is pretty spot on with what happened at the time.   Another mate got done by the same Astra.  They followed him in his rx7 for long enough until he tried to get away from them. They were even revving it next to him at the lights.  In both cases the cops used the same phrase when they pulled them both over....."your f**ked!".  Then they showed them the video.  It's just wrong.

Thats why I tell every person who gee's me up for a race to **** off.

-rb25

Its good to see some other people getting harrassed for once ;) sorry guys..

If your game, try this one.....

SLAM YA BRAKES ON.... :( they hit you, guess what!! Following too closely is their fault, not yours... so if they hit you well u get a nice shiny new ass thanks to the law :) hehe, otherwise just dial 000 (handsfree kit people). Its funny how quickly they take off when they hear the call over the radio about themselves.. Its classed as harrassment..

Otherwise as someone else said earlier, just drive into a servo or to the nearest police station and yes make a complaint when you get there..

I smell bacon, I smell pork.. run lil piggy I got a fork :)

anymore cool stories?????

after having many many run ins with gun ho cops myself i find this story to be just another example of queensland cops f***ing things up in the best way they know how.

and is'nt good to see that our tax paying dollars are going to help a couple of dorks get themselves a ride for friday and saturday nights.

I've also seen that unmarked camry a couple of times on the logan toll motorway pulling people over.

These unmarked vehicles harassing people in my opinion is nothing but entrapment. They are the devil luring innocent people into their traps. You just gotta be smarter. I think the best way to get out of something is to know your rights as a driver like skylinegeoff did. Cops in my experience start to get worried when you know your rights.

Cops in Qld are a little more gun shy than Vic because they have been through their royal commission, well in my experience anyway. The sheer arrogance of the VICPOL has to be seen to be believed but until a decent corruption enquiry there will be no change. Their motto is to protect and serve, from memory, but they come onto people like they are armed criminals and trying to make driving a car a chore. It can be enjoyable too as well as being responsible at the same time.

Is this anyone from this forum? If not, it's an interesting read anyway!

Hehehehe......... same happend to me 4 months ago on the way back from Moggill

an unmarked cop car with 2 detectives in casual clothes chased me,eventually i stopped( only because it was late and couldn't be bothered), these 2 dumb detectives pulled out their badges and yelling at me , i asked them why did they pull me( :bahaha: ) the detective said i was speeding at exremley high speeds (maybe that's why they couldn't catch up until i had to stop and wait for them :wassup: ).

as he finish talking (yelling) i asked for the reading on his radar that showes my speed, he changed the subject and started threatening me.(obviously they didn't have a radar which i knew anyway :bananaman )

i let them do their job and their talk, then got into the car flying :burnout: back home.

never got a ticket or heard anything from them. :boinkcar:

• 3 months later...

Are all these coppers power trippin, or do they have pressure on them from higher up the command?

As far as im concerned the only good copper is a dead copper.

They are all arrogant pricks when it comes to the motoring public, they think they are the law.

Its more like. "Law, I am above the Law"

I would prefer to see them focus on the real problems, people changing lane without indicating, illegal uturns, people hogging right hand lane when not overtaking, faulty headlights, rusty cars, smoky cars.

Not the guy that does 10km/h over the limit in safe conditions.

This argument could go on forever though, so i wont start it up again.

The way the law works, i think we would be better sometimes without it, not just relating to motoring side of things either. Let people sort out there own problems. You just have to take the good with the bad.

I mean if you were getting robbed, you could shoot the person dead, but do that and you get in shit. ****ed up laws.

Everyone for themselves, even if it is anarchy :P