EOI - Winton Fun Day - Sunday September 19th

Downforce

Ok here's an update:

** UPDATE **

Entry fee is $20

NO CAMS license is required to enter.

Open sign-in and safety checks start 09:00

On the track by 10:00

The day will consist of 30 minute sessions alternating between drivers only, and driver + passenger sessions (you must have a passenger)

Day will finish up by 17:00... the last session is at 16:30

You Need:

- Roadworthy vehicle, drivers license

- Approved Helmet

- Long sleeve top and pants

For anyone interested in driving up to Winton in a group, meet at the macca's just before the start of the Hume Hwy at 07:00.

Weather forecast for Sunday is:

Local early fog then fine. Mainly sunny. Min 8 Max 19 w00t! :D

And because Philip Island and AutoSalon is on this weekend... hopefully there wont be too many cars... I called Winton and they said there's a limit of 40 cars they can permit on the track at any time... so be prepared for over-taking the slower cars!

See you there!

:)

Entry fee is $20

NO CAMS license required

Need:  

- Roadworthy vehicle

- Helmet

- full covered fire resistant clothing

Who's interested in driving up for the day?

Really interested, entry fees is so tempting but for the fire resistant clothing is a bit too far to reach???

Not at all. A few of us went to the last one and how it works is that they splt the session into driver only - followed by a session with passengers (you must have a passenger to get on the track)

Basically they let about 50-60 cars on the track at once - as people come off they let more on until the end of the 30min session. There are cars EVERYWHERE - so its kinda fun as you just spend all lap passing people! haha.

The point of the day is more aimed towards either giving people who have never been on the track before a simple and cheap oportunity and also to give regulars a chance to take their families on the track.

Dispite the number of cars I had a ball there last time. It was a different track experience but still a lot of fun.

Rob, this is a winton "open day", it is not organised by SAU, there will be all types of cars there.

My car has a couple of small/minor issues and is due for a service, so i will be heading to Phillip Island, to spectate and get pissed :).

Good Luck and have fun, i wish i could come.

PS: no need for a fire extinguiser, etc.

All you need is:

- Helmet

- LONG SLEEVE cotton shirt/t-shirt

- Jeans

- Runners/sneekers/shoes (no thongs, slippers, etc.)

- Current/valid drivers licence

- Roadworthy car

This would be a good round to go to as it has been organised at short notice due to the cancellation of the super truck round, so numbers will probably be low. I would have said closer to 30 cars on the track at once.

In the mail out I got it looks like there will be sessions for bikes as well.

Will probably be there but the car might be staying at home due to lack of webber jets.

Rob, this is a winton "open day", it is not organised by SAU, there will be all types of cars there.

My car has a couple of small/minor issues and is due for a service, so i will be heading to Phillip Island, to spectate and get pissed :rofl:.  

Good Luck and have fun, i wish i could come.

Yeah baby, you can tell I haven't done THIS before!

:Oops:

this is interesting... what time will it start? and how do i get to winston? i actually plan to watch HSV trackday @ PI but might put this into consideration.

To get to winton get on the hume highway and head towards albury. After about 2 hours you will see an exit sign with winton raceway written on it, take that and ur there.