SAU Community

Random pull overs.. when were you last pulled over?

Remix-

Only time I ever got pulled over in my R32 was for doing an U-Turn at the lights. The undercover cop was a complete prick, but didnt inspect the car.

Havent been pulled over yet in my s13..i expect to though. Silvias are cop bait.

The police are much more polite than in most countries ive seen, especially places like the US. We have it good, we just have to put up with the conservative crap like not being allowed to have a low car, or mirror tint, or tyres extending outside the guards...they want everyone to drive hyundais

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Had my R32 for a couple of months now, haven't been pulled over yet and driven past plenty of cops, even overtaking them. Haven't done anything really illegal near cops (ie stayed within 10kmh of the speed limit). Doesn't really matter anyway, my cars all legal. As long as you know the rules then you should be ok, as long as your car is legal.

Got pulled over more in the Saab 9000 i used to drive, but i deserved that :(

I'm wondering whether people have ever actually been pulled over for doing nothing.

Paul, how many times have you actually been defected????

Guys, you dont know how good you have it, here in SA, people get defected for stock BOV - in fact, I dont know of anyone that has been pulled over, had bonnet lifted and not defected. Hell, one girl got defected for her stock BOV, they could hear it because of the pod - she offered to lift the bonnet, but the cop told her not to and gave her the defect anyway.

My hint for not getting noticed (as told to me by a cop who is a mate) is dont cruise Kings Park, NB, Freo etc, and dont do circle work in car parks:p

Thank god I will be back in WA by the end of the year:)

Update: Another random pullover for me, on the way back from Oktoberfest :P

Cops were pretty good, after 2 pints I only blew 0.02, they mentioned my front number plate and said I had to fix it, no mention of tint or anything.....

Then I was let go... Hooray for Swan Valley coppers!

i got pulled over, last thursday in my subi. just been playing pool and some little **** stole my front number plate. i was dropping a mate home and we went past a cop car. he pulled a 180 and pulled me up.

'' excuse me sir, are u aware that u do not have a front number plate?''

'' righttttt'' and i started to laugh''

he didn't find it funny. he was aight bout it but, just told me to get one tomorrow and i was on my way. still havn't been pulled up in my 31 yet.

Steve, Been pulled over yellow stickered 7 times, been pulled over heaps more:( Glad your coming back to WA, make sure we catch-up when your back:D

How the hell do you get a sticker removed from your car???? God it took me over a week to get the turbo/manifold/plenum off the skyline, not to mention all the other bits.

I will definately be in touch when I get back:)

My darling friend Melki decided that she wanted Maccas last night and got me to swerve across three lanesof traffic to get it - then shouted cops! The cops were sitting in Maccas carpark ..... but they didnt budge - while sitting in drive thru i saw 2 cars go speeding past them and still they didnt budge ..... mustve been giving each other :69: or something .... should be more cops like that :D

How the hell do you get a sticker removed from your car???? God it took me over a week to get the turbo/manifold/plenum off the skyline, not to mention all the other bits.

I will definately be in touch when I get back:)

Haha, I leave all the stuff on, and I get it passed;)

I'll let you know how when you get here:D

there needs to be more cops like this:

a few nights after getting my car back on the road (RB25 engine conversion in S13) - still yet to register the new engine with the car.. i was driving back from a cruise along morley drive... went past tuart maccas - 2 cop cars turb right and follow me, one cop car drives past me... the other sitting up my ass - here i'm thinking "fkn great... wheres the lube". i tried to turn right at a set of lights to see if they followed - and they did..

20 meters up the road he puts his lights on... i turn the car off whilst rolling so i come to a stop without the car running (exhaust was way to loud... and the Rotational Idle didnt help at all).. coppa gets out... bla bla bla pop bonnet - i did... his first words were.. quote: "Ahh its not everyday you see a RB25 in a S13 silvia"... fk!! get prepared for penetration..

he asks for permits and i say i only just got it out and i'm licensing it on monday (bullshit), he walks around the car and spots the brake conversion... FK !!!, the computer was all over the passenger floor... FK !!!!

i'm glad he didnt check the 2 bald stock tyres in the boot :D..

but apart from that he just said stay honest and take the car over the pits monday to have the engine registered!!

thanks ****... no sticker :tops:

what a fkn champion! - but this cop new his shit hey.