SAU Community

accident while parked

whodaman

i parked last saturday lunch time at exhibition st corner victoria parade in the city... i was walking on the sidewalk then next thing i see is this honda accord backed in to the front of my skyline!

apparently, the guy was getting coins for the parking meter and the car rolled backwards across 2 lanes and into my car :)

my car will need panel beating, replacemnt indicator, repair of fibreglass front bar, and respray...

and he's a poor student with no insurance.

1. anyone know where i can source a clear right indicator for an R32? or should i just let my insurance handle everything?

2. anyone with Young And Cool Insurance (i am)? I hope they dont give me any problems with my claim...

3. anyone know, since it is not my fault, this should not affect my no claims bonus or my premium?

just goes to show, no matter how good or careful a driver you are... if u are meant to be in an accident.... arrgh!!

thanks to anyone who replies.

if it was just a scuff then id probably let the guy off but that to me looks looks alot more than a scuff. honestly who cares if he's a poor student...i was too but to let ur car roll and hit another car you would at least have the decency to try to pay for damages even if in instalments. he's one lucky guy to have an accident with a nice guy(you) but dont let him walk over you.

who knows he could be an international student whos parents are loaded:D:D

about 1/2 who have run into me (i think about 5 :D over the years) have had the same excuse, no insurance, and "can't afford it". Generally though you can get the money off them - even if they have to pay it off over the next 50 years of their life. Don't feel sorry for a dickhead who doesn't know how to use a handbrake..

Just speak to your insurance company, give them his name, phone number and rego, and the rest is history. You will get ur money, lose no rating and he will probably get to pay it off at $20 a week over 2 years or something.

Something similar happend to my g'friends car but the guy did a hit and run.

Have you gone to the police yet to make a statement for accident, just incase if the guy tries to dispute it?

Let your insurance company handle it I reckon. They probably make you pay the excess first and then you can claim it back if they recover the cost from the other guy.

Yep.

It's called a "Not at Fault Claim"

I have used it no less than 5 times over the course of my driving.

You call your insurance company, they do what they are pad to do. That's handle your claim.

If he is uninsured, then that's his own stupid fault. If you can't afford to insure you can, you can't afford to drive on our roads. I think it's stupid that the Aust Government doesn't make it compulsory like in the U.S

xRhettx is correct. They will work out a payment plan for him, without any input from you.

You will get your car fixed pretty quickly.

BASS OUT

the same thing happened to me, the idiot wasnt insured but as i had his name and address my insurance company fixed my car and chased him for the money...

so if you have his details dont worry, inform your insurance.