SAU Community

Front page of today's West - hoon laws

Sneeza

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok - further to markr33's thread -

OK guys - I have emailed several members of parliament and the senate about my concerns for this new law AND the proposed "dob in a hoon". I have offered alternative solutions to the problem, such as driver training etc. Everyone else should do the same. Email Matt Birney - shadow police minister! [email protected] Make sure it in constructive and say why you think the law is wrong and how it should be changed.

We CAN get a petition going and all we need is 1 signature for it to be presented to the house. We have to ask an MP to present it to the house for us. I will contact my local non - labour MP to help.

Read http://www.parliament.wa.gov.au/web/newweb...bly+-+Petitions

I am going to prepare a petition and have it at PAS (hopefully we are allowed) - we will get alot of signatures there. I will also bring it to our cruises.

We can all sit on the forums and whinge, but we have to at least TRY to do something about it.

I hope everyone will support me in this.

agree with gtst89

the reason cops spend more time on chasing hoons etc can be summed up in two words

revenue raising, it's easy money, easier then say catching an armed robber etc

adrian :D

this is the problem with hoon laws and opening them up to the public. a lot of people tend to stereotype people. for example my grandparents think that everyone who rides a motorcycle and has a beard and leathers and tatts is a druggie. you also find people of their age have similar views about people in fast cars.

these people tar everyone with the same brush after watching the news and watching current affairs shows talking about the minority of people who live dangerously on the roads.

i can see a lot of false accusations happening soon.

i hope that police dont use the laws to their advantage and when having a bad day instead of giving you a yellow they say you were hooning and impound your car.

There must be no crime in WA as the cops have so much time to waste,HA i think not.

Time these F--kwits did something about real crime like Simons Grands getting bashed in their own back yard.

I agree , the cops are lazzzzzzzzy.........teh have not found the guy that attacked me on the freeway months ago... ....

They know the car make and year + half of rego........and the guys description

They have too much time on their hands............................**** I would have found the guy just by cruising around.......but now that would be called hoooooning around.........and they charge so much money for our rates.....

Civil protection my arse....... and defence my arse.............

They should do something about cleaning the city from all the crazy people......

the police focus more on revenue raising than any real police work

i got broken into a while back and while all they stole was my mobile phone and some cds the cops didnt even want a statement they just werent interested they didnt talk to any neighbours they just said not likely to catch them too hard sorry and left it at that and thats after waiting 4 hours for them to turn up because it was a low priority. :)

it seems they are like a business they have targets for everything.

- number of ppls breath tested

- number of cars roadworthiness checked

- number of speeding fines issued

- number of defects

and the list goes on

if they can make a buck thats what they will do. they cant make money from recovering my stolen goods or finding someone who beats someone up on the freeway even though a two year old with a computer linked to the registration system could probably produce a list of cars in that model and colour and year and with those digits in their rego thats like doing their job for them. Hang on they dont have a computer at the local HJ's where i always see them

where are the real police keeping the streets safe from crime :confused:

oh thats right there isnt any :)

I agree , the cops are lazzzzzzzzy.........teh  have not found the guy that attacked me on the freeway months ago... ....

They know the car make and year + half of rego........and the guys description

They have too much time on their hands............................**** I would have found the guy just by cruising around.......but now that would be called hoooooning around.........and they charge so much money for our rates.....

Civil protection my arse....... and defence my arse.............

They should do something about cleaning the city from all the crazy people......

BANG ON.. I have FULL REGO and WITNESS and still nothing.

Cun7s.

this really really pisses me off.

Brent.

Back in town :) I wouldn't be too concerned about "dob a hoon in".

There are a multitute of hearsay allegations that have never and will never stand up in court and this is one of them.

The Libs said they wouldn't bring this in as it is open to abuse. It's scare tactics by Labor.

Although, while there are those morons doing stupid things like hood surfing and burnouts in front of nite clubs, the heat will not come off in a hurry. It's as if those idiots haven't even heard there is a hoon law. I say the quicker they round up these few dipshits the quicker the heat will come off the rest of us.

Anyway won't be voting Labor (never have, never will), nor Greens or Democrats (bunch of fags).

i once got called in to the police station to help with an inquiry involving a hit and run though i was not here at the time, i travel back and forth between KL and Perth every 2 months... however, they only contacted me 1 yr 3 months or so AFTER the incident took place so if i had been in the other guys shoes, i would be waiting this long just for the police to find the prick who hit me... i tried to help but i wasnt involved, never even been to that suburb before

i seriously doubt the law will come in

there is no way they can do that its just a 'proposal'

the chaos that bringing in a stupid law like this will b massive

every dog, cat, and there neighbour will b reporting people just coz they dont like them or they hav a grudge or they dont understand wats right and wrong or so on

it simply wont work

and michelle roberts can go dig a hole and die she must hav rocks in her head

i seriously doubt the law will come in  

there is no way they can do that its just a 'proposal'

the chaos that bringing in a stupid law like this will b massive

every dog, cat, and there neighbour will b reporting people just coz they dont like them or they hav a grudge or they dont understand wats right and wrong or so on  

it simply wont work

and michelle roberts can go dig a hole and die she must hav rocks in her head

agree on all points

Hey maybe the wrong state but didn't some Labour minister get caught drink driving last year after a labour function??? Something like 0.15

OOooOoo if this was ROberts she's going to get a non stop hiding cause everytime she gets in a car i'm going to report DD and reckless.