SAU Community

Lousy Fuel consumption

Muz

hey muz have you been to the dyno tuner just off anderson street dyno dynamics it's near ray hall?

are you the one that tried to drag my wife off in a silver r33 if so your car definatly needs a tune

Thanks mate, I take it you are referring to Cairns Dyno Tune. He knows even less about PFC's than SVS unfortunately.

No sorry I'm not into street drags and the only Silver R33 I know of and have seen belongs to bloke. Always willing to chat though. Also AKAIK, mine is the only black R34 in town but if there is another one, I would like to meet him and compare notes.

Cheers

Muz

• 1 month later...

hi muz

i have same issue as yourself. changed the 02 sensor, and nothing.

anyways, the other week, i just happened to buy a K&N panel filter for my car... i thought hey what the hell.

anyways, from always struggling to hit 250,km im not pushing 350km a tank on bp ultimate! (i dumped optimax - didnt perform like ultimate!)

but yeah thats my sad story of poor fuel consumption... i feel ya mate!

Don't qoute on me that. I've the same situation as yours b4, however after i installed the Earth ground kit and reset the ECU. Now i could get about 380-400kms per tank city driving. i think u should try to reset ur ECU first, to see how is it goes!

Hope this help

steven

I've always had excellent fuel consumption from my GTS-T and boost hasn't appeard to make any difference.

On the dyno I was watching the AFR's under general moderate acceleration and noticed they are always hanging around the mid 13:1, under light throttle it would almost immediately flick to 14.6-14.7:1.

The car did feel a little lazy with the transition on to boost (when boost was ramping up) but once it hit the AFR's would go rich and it would pull nicely.

From what I've seen tuners tend to try and get the AFR's around the 12:1 some times a little richer in the boost transition period.

This boost transition period is where the general driving hang around.

Lean this area out under moderate acceleration and you should pick up fuel economy but loose a little punch.

I wouldn't think the punch under light throttle would matter much as if you want the punch you put your foot down boost comes on and down goes the AFR.

Due to the crappy timing light it was returning just under 400km's a tank.

Timing is now up from 5degree's and back at the std 15degree's.

I've been watching the RB30DET on the stock RB20DET ecu and is now returning no less than 430km's per tank with a heavy foot and city driving.

Occasionally nudging 500km's a tank depending on how hard I accelerate when I first click the gear.

Thats some impressive fuel economy Narlzz. :rofl:

Nudging in to the mid 9L/100km's. :P