SAU Community

Stagea Suspension

Sydneykid

I've just fitted the adjustable version to my S1 RS4. It fits like factory.

Next on the list of things to do is to modify the front whiteline bar with some retainers to stop it slipping side to side.

It should have been supplied with a Lateral Lock Kit already fitted to the Swaybar.

Cheers

Gary

Nope, didn't come with one, will inquire about it with the supplier.

Got a chance to hit some windy roads last night and the swaybars have made the car much nicer to drive. I managed to get the setup pretty much right with only the slightest little bit of oversteer on a wet road.

I have a whiteline 22mm adjustable front on the hardest setting and a 22mm selbys adjustable, also on the hardest setting, on the rear. It is perfect for what i want.

Edited by Race__24

I have been looking through this thread for hours. All I'm looking for is some lowered springs for 99 RS4.

I bought some nismo suspension for Stagea, it arrived and the nismo springs had been cut (mutha-fkr)!!!!!!!!

I would like some springs to sit the car around 350mm front and 340mm rear.

Can some one please advise on appropriate springs? my eyes are falling out of my head.

Should I just go through a local jap importer and get some new nismo springs?

I did find white line part numbers, what ride height will these give.

Front - 83159

Rear - 70191

Please help!

Kym

I have Tein springs:

Springs are Tein lowering springs:

front: Tein F-SIN78-010311-HCC

rear: Tein R-SIN79-010382-HCC

The car is 350mm front and 360mm rear - looks slightly lower at the front.

However the height is controlled by the Bilstein shocks so i cant say how your car would look with standard shocks.

Kings Springs:

Front - KDFL- 101 (355-360mm ride height)

Rear - KDRL- 87 (330mm ride height)

- KDRS- 87 (360mm ride height)

Will let you know how I go.

approx 30% increase spring rate.

Fronts suit r33/r34,

Rears suit z32 (tapered spring ID 88mm-77mm), KDRL are 300mm or KDRS 330mm uncompressed spring length.

Kym

I have been looking through this thread for hours. All I'm looking for is some lowered springs for 99 RS4.

I bought some nismo suspension for Stagea, it arrived and the nismo springs had been cut (mutha-fkr)!!!!!!!!

I would like some springs to sit the car around 350mm front and 340mm rear.

Can some one please advise on appropriate springs? my eyes are falling out of my head.

Should I just go through a local jap importer and get some new nismo springs?

I did find white line part numbers, what ride height will these give.

Front - 83159

Rear - 70191

Please help!

Kym

Find a good suspension shop and they should be able to advise you on a suitable pair of springs. I have a set of Greddy Coilovers and swapped the Greddy springs out for a set of Eibach items as I wanted a different rate of spring. The Eibach spring catalogue is huge they have virtually every combination of height / rate / diameter of spring you could imagine. I would budget around $400 - $500 for springs all around.

A good suspension shop should be able to work out the diameter and height of the spring required and then it is simply a matter of choosing the spring rate.

FYI I run an 8kg front spring with a 6.8 kg rear spring rate and I find this a good mix between something suitable for taking on the track and comfortable enough for daily use.

If you want to be able to adjust the car ride height I would suggest looking at getting the Nismo shocks modified to include a threaded spring seat or invest in some bilstein shocks with circlip grooves or some adjustable coilovers. I am guessing that the reason the original springs have been cut is that the original owner wanted to lower the ride height hence the cut springs. (I have done that a number of times when I was younger, have outgrown that now though lol)

Hope that helps ya mate, good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Similar problem to above, been searching this thread for a while, can't find the answer im after. Or maybe im just too tired and not paying enough attention.

Got a set of GAB coilovers off a mates r34 four door, just the fronts.. what type of coilovers do i need to fit in the rear?

It's a series 2 rs4

Sorry if this has been answered 100 times..

Edited by Mouseness

Similar problem to above, been searching this thread for a while, can't find the answer im after. Or maybe im just too tired and not paying enough attention.

Got a set of GAB coilovers off a mates r34 four door, just the fronts.. what type of coilovers do i need to fit in the rear?

It's a series 2 rs4

Sorry if this has been answered 100 times..

Manual or auto?

Manual = Fork lower mount - R33/34GTR,Stagea 260RS, R34GTT

Auto = Bush lower mount - R33GTST/R34GT, S14/15, Stagea S1 auto, R33/34GTS4

They will fit, but only the other Stagea ones are realy suitable as they have spring and damper rates for a waggon.

Cheers

Gary

Thanks for that Gary

Priced up some HSD ones today, bout 1600.. I think I might hold out for a bit and just buy the proper ones to suit the wagon.

It's auto btw, just for interests sake the front set I just got out of my mates R34GTST 4 door wont fit then? It was factory auto if that makes any difference.

Just got my new wheels on and I'm super keen to see them sitting in the guards now :thumbsup:

Thanks for that Gary

No problem

Priced up some HSD ones today, bout 1600.. I think I might hold out for a bit and just buy the proper ones to suit the wagon.

Good idea, the coupe stuff doesn't work all that well in the 4doors let alone the waggons.

It's auto btw, just for interests sake the front set I just got out of my mates R34GTST 4 door wont fit then? It was factory auto if that makes any difference.

Auto or manual doesn't matter at the front, what matters is 2WD versus 4WD. The 4WD shocks are shorter to fit in the drive shafts, plus they have higher bump (compression) damping levels to control the extra weight.

Just got my new wheels on and I'm super keen to see them sitting in the guards now

Don't get too carried away with lowering, they don't have a lot of suspension travel standard plus the geometry turns to shyte outside their normal operating height.

Cheers

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

hey SK

I have ordered a set of the whiteline sway bars you are using ( $500 ) a pair delivered , but the guys at W.A. suspensions who sold them to me said not to use after market link pins as the mounts on the chassis then become the weak point , have you had any problems with this ?

Lachy

hey SK

I have ordered a set of the whiteline sway bars you are using ( $500 ) a pair delivered , but the guys at W.A. suspensions who sold them to me said not to use after market link pins as the mounts on the chassis then become the weak point , have you had any problems with this ?

Lachy

hey SK

Lachy

It's not necessary to use aftermarket links on the front, adjustable or non adjustable swaybar, the standard links work just fine. That's why the front swaybar comes supplied with D bushes only

On the rear you can use the standard links on a non adjustable swaybar, like the fron they come with D bushes only. But you have to use the supplied links with an adjustable rear swaybar to fit the bladed ends.

Stageas, like Skylines, do not have weak mounts for the swaybar links, it's not a Subaru. :D

Cheers

Gary

thanx SK i will use the pins supplied

what settings did you have these bars on again?

I thought it was soft front hard rear which makes sence to me otherwise it will just understeer like a GTR

Lachy

• 2 weeks later...
It's not necessary to use aftermarket links on the front, adjustable or non adjustable swaybar, the standard links work just fine. That's why the front swaybar comes supplied with D bushes only

On the rear you can use the standard links on a non adjustable swaybar, like the fron they come with D bushes only. But you have to use the supplied links with an adjustable rear swaybar to fit the bladed ends.

Stageas, like Skylines, do not have weak mounts for the swaybar links, it's not a Subaru. :P Yeah those stupid links on wrx busted them all the time.not on the rs4 though :( Hey SK with all the work done on handling on your stag could it handle and keep up with an evo/wrx on a track?? I mean a more open tarmac track not a goat track. :)

Cheers

Gary

Whilst I'm fixing my RS4-S subframe (where I ripped the hicas system out on a cattle grate), would it be worth fitting the Whiteline subframe bushes?

Do you get any advantage if you are not trying to pre-load it in a particular way for drift etc?

definately put in new subframe bushes before you fit the subframe. subframe bushes don't change the sbuframe angle, that is pineapples and not needed unless you have a particular motorsport need, and even then replacing the subframe bushes is a better idea

The subframe lock kit (pineapples) helped get the power down earlier coming out of a tight bend on the track but on the road they are a pain as they negate the purpose of the bushes and result in increased road noise and transmit diff whine through the body. The instructions suggest you could install the pineapples for a track day and then take them out afterwards but i can't be stuffed doing that and i doubt many people would bother.