SAU Community

R32 Gts-t 11.13 @ 126.93

GOT BOOST

i thought so!!!:) I guess it all depends on what cars your comparing doesnt it, sure GOT BOOST's r32 would be more difficult to get down the strip than a r32 running similar times but you said rwd so what about a 454 lx torana with trans brake, auto 2 speed and a high stall, that would be pretty damn easy to get down the strip as opposed to a big turbo'd manual, irs 9sec GTR!!! So i will still say it was narrow minded!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
umm 472bhp?!?!? Is that at the wheels?? 350rwkw?!?!

An RB20t??? Damn nice time even if it isn't.. :P

I almost find it hard to belive it is an RB20t... Care to share the basic setup?!

EDIT: Ahhh it appears its the might RB26DETT. :D

350rwkw isnt that unachieveable, i hope to have that as a minimum once i have finished my rebuild. I currentally have 223rwkw with moderate boost and a small turbo.

It is if you want the motor to be reliable.

To make that sort of power you need huge rev's, lots of lag and lack of streetability.

The use of a small exhaust a/r to reduce lag is also out the window as due to the small capacity of the rb20t you run in to surge issues.

Just as an example an RB20t turbo on a RB30DET will make peak power around 3700-4000rpm. That same turbo on the rb20t made peak power at 7000rpm.

• 2 weeks later...
15" NANKANG cross plys.

Were they $90 like I said ??? I hope so. Seemed cheap to me.

fresh and others - Slicks tend to wander i.e. walk side to side as you accelerate down the drag strip. They don't have steel belts like radial tyres to keep their shape and are more prone to shape change during a run which is where this wandering comes from.

If you have radial tyres on the front and slicks on the back, the result is often fishtailing, sometimes quite badly, as the radials drive straight ahead and the back wants to step out side to side.

I don't know about you but I don't like the idea of being crossed up at the end of a run @ 100mph+ :P

Front runners are cross-ply tyres just like slicks that let the front wander along with the back. They are usually quite thin (skinny) to help reduce the rolling resistance of the front end.

Hope this helps.

Adrian

What clutch are you running...price?

my clutch is a GTR pressure plate (recon) with brass button fiction plate. It finally died last weds. until i started using slicks it lasted quite well. My car makes 100hp more than it used too since cams and turbo upgrade so that hasnt helped the clutch much, i have a HKS twin plate to fit when i get keen enough.

• 3 weeks later...