SAU Community

Auto reliability

shyr33

Steven - the shift kit cost me about $250 (I think) installed, and I believe MV automatics will sell them to people interstate/internationally so that you could have a local auto trans shop install it for you.

Lukits01 - I havn't changed the stall converter yet (but I have thought about it). I decided that unless my motor/turbo combination were to only come on boost higher in the rev range then it wouldnt be necessary at this stage. The shift kit made a big difference so I am not sure that I will need to look at the stall converter at the moment.

I hear that only some R33's come with an auto fluid cooler. All the R34's do. If it doesn't have one or it's pissy small then get one. Mine has only overheated once and that was on about lap 12 of Wakefield.

I have a S1 R33 auto and it has a auto fluid cooler.

What do you guys think would be good upgrade for the cooler and how much do you think it would be, most of the jap one are to pricey.

Once you convert your car to Manual you can never go back. Just convert it. Its nice n fast n fun to drive.

But a bit pricey.. and a pain in the ass in traffic.. I DO miss my auto sometimes... Like on tuesday where my Clutch Box pedal broke in sydney traffic.. had to drive it back to the hotel with no clutch.. cost $300 to replace. Stupid thing is held together with FRIGGING SPOT WELDS. no wonder its going to break with a extra sprung pressure plate.

So im going to re-brace the old one and change it over sometime soon before the new one breaks too.

Steven - the shift kit cost me about $250 (I think) installed, and I believe MV automatics will sell them to people interstate/internationally so that you could have a local auto trans shop install it for you.  

Lukits01 - I havn't changed the stall converter yet (but I have thought about it). I decided that unless my motor/turbo combination were to only come on boost higher in the rev range then it wouldnt be necessary at this stage. The shift kit made a big difference so I am not sure that I will need to look at the stall converter  at the moment.

Thanks mate, do you have their web-site address that i could look at, and how did you fee the performance difference? Do you feel shift a lots quicker?

cheers

steven