SAU Community

Diffs for the track

I'm looking for a good diff for track work in an R33 GTST - maybe a Nismo 2-way or whatever -I know I can pay shit loads of money to get a new one but does anyone have an alternative?

I would suggest ringing around the importers. They often get cars in with really tight diffs, and have to take them out because they sound terrible when average joe test drives them.

I picked up a 1 way mechanical for $500. And you don't really want 2 way for track work as they increase understeer into corners, look for a 1.5 or 1 way instead

I would suggest ringing around the importers.  They often get cars in with really tight diffs, and have to take them out because they sound terrible when average joe test drives them.

I picked up a 1 way mechanical for $500.  And you don't really want 2 way for track work as they increase understeer into corners, look for a 1.5 or 1 way instead

Thanks for the advice, Duncan. I didn't know that the 2 way would be a problem. Otherwise your comment about the noise is pretty much what

Alistair at Power Play Imports told me. It's also one reason I was trying Quaife but, as I mentioned, without success.

Over the weekend someone mentioned a place in Newcastle that does a Quaife copy (but they didn't have the details). Have you heard anything on that score?