SAU Community

What power do i need a better oil pump for rb26???

RB26VL

hey guys i got a rb26 with 350rwhp (in 2wd in a vl) atm on 17psi, with bigger inj, highflow turbos, pods, zorst, etc and i am getting the 4wd gtr sump enlarged and baffled as we speak and i was wondering what sort of power figures do i require a better oil pump?

whats the n1 pump good upto?

is it worth getting the n1 pump or another jap brand for the extra $$$???

im using the car mainly for street use and the occasional track day or drag meet if thats any relevance :rant:

cheers

Brad

ur stock oil pump will be fine for the power u have but i guess once u start making 300rwkw then oil pump should be considered, I would spend the extra money on an oil cooler, benifits from that are more than u know, i guess its not a matter of what hp is the various oil pumps limited to its more the point of how much u want to help ur engine?

does anyone know where you pick up and return the oil in an engine oil cooler?

they usually have an addition that comes from the oil filter location, just a supply hose to the cooler and a return hose back to the fitting. although no doubt it can be done differently.

as covered many many times the n1 pump is the same as the normal pump with a higher spring rate so it runs slightly higher pressure, you can do this to your standard pump for $20. Also if you are running an early r32 engine it would be wise to invest in a r33 on pump and a jun crank collar to address drive engagement issues the earlier designed cranks have!!!

as covered many many times the n1 pump is the same as the normal pump with a higher spring rate so it runs slightly higher pressure, you can do this to your standard pump for $20. Also if you are running an early r32 engine it would be wise to invest in a r33 on pump and a jun crank collar to address drive engagement issues the earlier designed cranks have!!!

so the N1 pump and the nismo high volume pump sold by nengun for about 1k are not the same aahhhh that makes sinces.So at wot level rwhp do you need to go to high volume pump ie tomei, jun, etc etc as i am running about 390rwkw and are about to upgrade internals and pump etc

pete