SAU Community

I'm Back Baby

The Dan

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am now back terrorising the roads again. Thanks to boostn32 who sold me a sweet AFM.

I hate when she doesn't run right. Now it does so I'm happy again.

ok I'm over it now.

yep definately over it.

What you doing with fubar'd afm, I just want the plastic bit, as when Marc was fitting my pod, we snapped bits off which looked like they had been plastic welded anyway, but yeah it's all fibre glassed now, SO IT AINT GONNA BREAK!! :P

What you doing with fubar'd afm, I just want the plastic bit, as when Marc was fitting my pod, we snapped bits off which looked like they had been plastic welded anyway, but yeah it's all fibre glassed now, SO IT AINT GONNA BREAK!! :P

REFER TO AFA - VOTE NOW!! Thread.

Looks like I'm not back anymore, friggin frigged up oil pump won't friggin gimme any friggin pressure.

sorry for the frig fest but I'm a little upset about pouring all this money into this piece of sh1t. I think I might have to look at getting rid of it.

R32 GTST. I just rebuilt the motor after cooking it on the highway. It sat for a while while I saved the money to do the job. I did forged rebuild and everything had everything done properly except the turbo I left, the oil pump and the clutch pressure plate(new clutch plate though). So far....the turbo fried the bearings coz of the burnt oil that had been sitting on them for 4 months, the pressure plate is giving way, the oil pump is not holding pressure (probably the release valve). I just forked out for the AFM and it looks like there may be a problem with the coil packs as well.

This is turning into a nightmare.

I guess I'll know the extent of my worries when I pull the oil pump off tomorrow night.

sounds like some issues still yet to fix :)

/hijack thread

where can i get a AFM for my 33 GTS - think it needs replaceing - or someone said spray some contactor cleaning into the sensor while the car is running to clean it?

/end hijack

:)

I think what you actually want to use is "Circuit Board Cleaner"

Contact cleaner leaves a residue behind designed to lubricate the slides etc of a contactor. This lube is non conductive and oily, not something you want covering your hotwire afm?

Electronic circuit board cleaner is the gear to use, doesnt leave a residue and doesnt harm the AFM itself.

sounds like some issues still yet to fix :P

/hijack thread  

where can i get a AFM for my 33 GTS - think it needs replaceing - or someone said spray some contactor cleaning into the sensor while the car is running to clean it?

/end hijack

:D

Send pm if you need a replacment one.

Steve

ps sorry for hijacking