SAU Community

defect if u remove an r33 wing?

KRiMiNaL

is it a defect if i remove my series 1 r33 wing. If i remove it i wont have the brake light which is on the spoiler, only brake lights connected to the rear lights. Is it alright to drive only with these brake lights??? If not how can i get another brake light?

This one depends on how picky the copper is.

Most cars are required these days to have a 3rd brake light.. i just over came this by installing a brake light into the skyline panel between the lights ... looks cool and has a purpose :cheers:

ANY change of the original design can be defected if it isn't engineered,including rear wing removal.Did you know you can get defected for a non-standard stereo head unit?Or non-factory fitted tyres,even if they're standard size?Or an aftermarket radiator cap?Basically,if it's changed,and non-engineered,they can do you for it.Simple as that.It's at the discretion of the person that pulled you over(Police are usually nicer to deal with than the RTA crew...)as to wheather you get a slap on the wrist or a full fisting over "the pits".I've found it depends on the modification,and your attitude at the time.I got yanked for an undersized numberplate on the way to Auto Salon Final Battle earlier in the month.The Police officer was really good about it:only cautioned me-21 days to change it back,no fine,no inspection.He looked over the car,spotted the roll-cage,rims,gauges etc.Even looked under the bonnet:the numberplate was his only issue.We wound up having a chuckle and got on with our respective days.The same officer pulled over a very well known S15 show car-and booked him for too low,and a BOV(my car has two that weren't mentioned or noted by the same Policeman...).Attitude and level of modification is important...So,removing the wing,putting in a third brake light should let you go unhassled,but engineer it if you're concerned about overall legality.

heres a few :

added the lights like i mentioned in my other post : skyline panel

add a LED set like the R34's in the boot

use an LED cluster in the rear window like most modern cars

are you going to get a different wing -- put one in there if you are

lots of other options depending on what you are about to do this car!

Any car built after 1st July 89 needs a high level mount stop light. The Hella 5237 available at Repco and AutoOnes for around $50 do the trick, they fit the slope of the rear window just right so they point out the back and not up in the air.