SAU Community

Gtr Computer

A few days ago my car died.. FarK! ended out being that the Microtech computer (MTX-8) was fried because of some dodgy wiring and one of the battery terminals arcing to something.

I really didn't like the Microtech anyway as it always had trouble starting (like 3/4 separate attempts to get started with a constant idle - oh and it was tuned properly) and although once on boost and high in the rev range it made a lot of power and pulled hard it's drivability off peak was not that good.

I was told that this was because the Microtech used a MAP sensor and it was a pig to start etc due to the vacuum pressures in the inlet manifold.

Anyway.. here I am now forced to save up and fork out a whole bunch of cash, which straight after Christmas kind of sucks.

I have been told that if I go to a Power FC that I'll basically be able to reach through the window turn the key and the car will start perfectly and that drivability will be far superior.

Sounds good.. the only thing is that I will need to purchase an original r32 wiring loom and two Z32 airflow meters which in the end of the day = $$$

Question: Do I bite the bullet and go the Power FC or is there any MAP sensor ECU's that actually retain some sort of drivability, without spending a fortune on a Motec!

Thoughts, information would be appreciated as this has really stung me and I'd like to not be ripped off and just get the car back on the road asap

I have my old 33 GTR ECU sitting in the garage (Adelaide) that you could borrow/ purchase to get you back on the road until you save up.

It made 208rwKw with standard boost, pods and cat back exhaust.

Paul

Cheers I appreciate that Pawley.. though because I don't have a standard loom fitted I can't use just at the moment.. never the less perhaps I could borrow rent from you once fitted to give me a few weeks to save for the Power FC, though does the R33 GTR ECU retro fit and operate a R32 GTR?

Cheers I appreciate that Pawley.. though because I don't have a standard loom fitted I can't use just at the moment.. never the less perhaps I could borrow rent from you once fitted to give me a few weeks to save for the Power FC, though does the R33 GTR ECU retro fit and operate a R32 GTR?

get a microtech L10S.. brand new. perfect for RB engines.

7heaven - well I'd love to save the cash.. though my understanding was that Z32 allow a higher resolution electrical output than the RB20/25 AFM, am I wrong in thinking this.. are these item just as good if not better?

7heaven - cheers I'd love to save the cash.. though my understanding was that Z32 air flow meters allow a higher resolution electrical output than the RB20/25 AFM, am I wrong in thinking this.. are these items just as good?

7heaven - cheers I'd love to save the cash.. though my understanding was that Z32 air flow meters allow a higher resolution electrical output than the RB20/25 AFM, am I wrong in thinking this.. are these items just as good?

Since you have all the loom and NO AFM's. Run the new LT10S.

Trust me.

Cheers

The z32's are better but unless your planing on running close to 400kw at the wheels then the rb20/25's will do the job well .

I have a 32 ECU running my 33 GTR (albeit a little tweaked).

If you want to get a sparkie to fix your loom..... use my ecu for a bit, save up the $$$ for the FC (dont forget how much tuning will cost you, my guess is around $500)

yeah a 33GTR ecu will work in a 32GTR. One other option is a PFC DJETRO, it uses a map sensor so no need to pay for two new MAF meters then. you still need to replace/repair your loom though.