SAU Community

Cop caught red handed on camera doing exactly what he fined me for.

Burns

isnt it strange how if they see a 'New Holden' they probably wont pull him over, but if a old R32 doing the correct thing on the road is spotted, theres no second thoughts about pulling him over, the lights just go on. one of my relatives was doing a course in law were he became a cop for about 1 year and he quit it, the reason was; "Cops are so corrupted these days, they think that just because they try to enforce the law they think they can break it, theres always at least 1 out of 10 good cops, but its getting worse every year"

Burns just remember to keep it cool and dont rush ahead, you'll win this.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey if you want to get off the fine you would be more likely to do so if you can say you did it because it was safer to do so than remain completely in your lane.

Say what you first brought up, thought there was an accident and slowed down and moved away from the roadside edge to take a more safe route. Then you can use the picture of the cop as it too looks like he has moved away from road edge over the centre of the lane because he's seen your father there and its the safest route because a pedestrian might step out in front.

Try and take the 'its more safer route' rather than try and dodge the issue up. Of course you wont have much chance of convincing them that you were being 'safer' if say you have a total of 11 points, in that case I would just let it slide.

Stephen

as far as i know self preservation is a valid defence to any road-related offence (protecting yourself)

if you state the the road was unsafe, and that you moved across the line to protect yourself etc, and then use the evidence of a police car doing the same. (by agreeing with you that he was doing it for a "saftey" reason also gives the officer an easier way out of an embarrasing situation)

even then the court may not accept the digital photos as evidence.

also im pretty sure u can't "spring" the photos on the cops in court while they are testifying as others have previously stated