SAU Community

ATTN: All SAU-Vic Members

R31Nismoid

Guys. Just to let you all know.

The Annual GOR Cruise is up in your Members Area. :P

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...309#post1185309

Please check there and lemme know your intentions.

This is going to be possibly the best cruise we ever do... as its a bit different to the normal SAU-Vic GOR run.

If you are not a memeber, i seriously suggest you join up so you can come along.

Best weekend you'll ever have.

Cheers -ash

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ash, I sent a message to James months ago and haven't got a reply so I'm going to ask it here in the open on this thread. I'm a member of a CAMS affiliated club and hold my CAMS licence through them. I have no intention of dropping that membership and would like to be a member of SAUVic, but I'm not comfortable paying the asking fee for simple forum/event access. Is there a second-tier membership option that incorporates these basic needs?

I would love to come along to the GOR cruise like last year.

Cheers,

Nick

sau is just getting greedy for cash...

even though there are jack benefits from the $50 u pay

Krzysiu I disagree with that statement; CAMS affiliation is a "jack benefit"? I don't think $50 is a huge amount (more than a lot of clubs), but there's nothing for me personally to be gained other than forum membership. If I wasn't already in a club with a fantastic full colour magazine, I would consider paying it.

I don't want to appear to be complaining either guys, I just think it would be nice to be able to attend "single marque" drives.

Guys,

This has been stated in previous meetings and discussions. When a club organises a large public event that club - and most especially the committee of that club - become liable for anything that may happen on that cruise. By allowing members only to come on these cruises we are now covered by CAMS insurnace in the unlikely event of a public liability claim.

Please try and understand. Last year we had 60+ cars on our cruises. Do you really think its fair that I would get the blame and become liable because someone else's wheel came off and hit some body. I'm sure you wouldn't like to be in that position.

Nick - I have also spoken to CAMS this morning for you - and it seem's that we can run this cruise as a "multi-club" event so that any person in any CAMS affiliated club can attend and be covered.

Snowman, this may be the case, but even if the people who have their cams licence through another club are able to attend these events, unless they have paid the full membership fee to this club, they still won't be able to find out about the cruises if they can't access the members forum to get the details.

Hence the "levels/tiers" of membership question.

and andrew, if you can't contribute something of value, stop wasting peoples valuable reading time.

Karina - all "multi-club" events will be posted in the main Vic section such as this thread. Any person's wishing to attend that are not SAU-Vic members but whom are members of another CAMS affilliated club can contact one of the club committee for details.

Why do people insist on hanging shit on other peoples cars. As long as it's a skyline, it's cool, whether its a c110 or a r34, n/a or turbo, they are all cool. As for ebing banned for flaming - well, thats a bit sus.

lmao at ac getting banned... nice one shan lol

On a serious note, what would happen if someone who was not a paid member came to a members cruise? What can you do? Not much Im guessing...

And if you say "how would they find out" I will use myself as an example... I have friends who are members, and im not, but im sure they would tell me when the cruise is and if I go what would you do?

And just incase your thinking "all members cant tell others" I'd say peoples friendship would overall you telling them not to tell.

Not posing a threat... asking a serious question

Cheers

Hi guys, this is just a general message, my own views not the committee's BUT both krzysiu and SKY031 you are very much entitled to your own opinions and they do count as part of SAU (not the be confused with SAU Vic) but neither of you are SAU Vic members so I can understand if this may be an issue for you?

Snowy is right in that if someone does plant a car round a pole, into a house or kills someone that he would be held accountable not YOU.

Before the formation of SAU Vic there were still cruses for all members to attend nut even I have noticed that there are VERY little, on the SAU Vic side of things this is being addressed with the addition of new planning members but why is it there is no OPEN events in the Vic section??

Could it be because that no one is willing to put the time in to plan them? Could it be that forum members (once again not to be confused with SAU Vic members) would prefer to have someone else plan their cruises? I’m really not sure what do you guys think? I’d like to see more cruises in the open section and everyone here has the ability to plan and post them in the Vic open section :rant:

lmao at ac getting banned... nice one shan lol

On a serious note, what would happen if someone who was not a paid member came to a members cruise? What can you do? Not much Im guessing...

And if you say "how would they find out" I will use myself as an example... I have friends who are members, and im not, but im sure they would tell me when the cruise is and if I go what would you do?

And just incase your thinking "all members cant tell others" I'd say peoples friendship would overall you telling them not to tell.

Not posing a threat... asking a serious question

Cheers

I have a list of all cars number plates reg'd to memebrs. If there are cars there that are not members they will be told that they are not permitted to cruise with us, we will be checking this and drivers who are not memebrs will be informed they are not welcome and not part of the cruise. Your right, we are not police and they are public roads but unlisted drivers will not be part of our group and not covered by our public liability. If members insist on bringing or informing other non members of the event (and yes we will find out) this WILL be taken seriously and will jepardise that members membership. This is a VERY serious issue so don't be mistaken :rant:

If you think $50 is a lot for a Membership, I think you are mad.

Think of it this way.... Most of us would spend more than that a month on washing our cars.

$50 ain't much when you consider how much time and effort goes into a club like this.

Unless you have ever been a member of a committee, council, planning group or volunteer organisation, you have NO IDEA how hard it is to balance work, social life and a club like this.

No need to snap back Adam

Im asking these questions so that everyone here (both members and non members) know what your (the boards) intentions are if this was to occur.

There is no point in me PM'ing you this as I think its best that this is answered so that everyone knows what the repercussions if any would be.

On a more personally note, having a CAMS affiliation doesnt interest me at all, and Im trying to justify why someone like myself should pay $50 to cruise on the public roads and use this free forum.