SAU Community

Squeek in front R33

Ok silly question.

Has anybody got a squeek from the front somewhere they can hear when cruising along with the windows up and radio turned down. I reach around and play around with things underneath as I thought it might be something slightly loose. I dont think it is shocks or bushes as I cant here it with window down. And you can hear the noise if you turn the wheel and the power steer idle up cause the revs to jump a bit i.e causing a little vibration which trigggers the squeek/rattle.

Its hard to find as it is only really when you cruise around and seems like from drivers side.

Thanks

I have the same problem. Its coming from the drivers side and sounds like its behind the dash somewhere possible in the engine bay. Its intermitant but i sounds like a squeeky spring on an bed. Its not too loud but you can hear it when cruising. I dont think its suspension or anything as it make that sound as soon as you start the car and are not moving. I been told to check tesion off the belts as they can make funny sounds and possibly put dry lube on them. Think i might go do that. :(

Bit of a long shot, but have you looked at the front bonnet rubbers? They are adjustable, and if old and over-compressed they don't provide enough support for the bonnet. Used to notice it on long drives (after at least an hour), drove me nuts till I worked it out. The old ones were so buggered I changed them, no noise since :headspin:

Maybe not, bit of a long shot like I said. Easy to test though: wind the stops up until the bonnet is really hard to shut and go for a drive. If it shuts up, keep backing off till you find a happy medium. If not, sorry dude, back to the drawing board