SAU Community

Laurel Hill Camp, CONFIRMED 27, 28 and 29th May 2005

oscar32

Tell EVERYONE you know. SAU is holding on overnight cruise in Laurel Hill, South Eastern NSW..

I have booked SAU in for the 27th, 28th and 29th of May.

There are two payment options, and as soon as I have the written Quote prices will be placed up here.

Option 1

Friday night dinner, Accomadation for Friday night, Saturday brakfast then on to option 2.

Option 2 (for the travelers) Arrive Satuday, covered for lunch, dinner, saturday night accomadation and a hot breakky on Sunday :)

The Venue...

They have BEDS for 90 people, and the accomadation is around $47.30 per day per person. This is with breaky, lunch (which we can take away also) and a hot dinner. $3 extra for a hot breaky Also full use of the facilities. They have TONS of parking of course, and have catered for groups of up to 370.

Kids are only $33 a head, and the younger the cheaper which is great if anyone brings rugrats.

What do I need to bring?

All your own bedding (sleeping bag, linen, blanket, pillow and towel). Linen hire is available with prior notice. $11 per head, but you need to book it.

Fold up chair if you are sitting outside.

Cold drink machine, gold phone, washing machine and drier all located on site require $1.00 and 50c coins

Provisions may be obtained from either Batlow or Tumbarumba (limited provisions).

Pets are not welcome

WARM clothes, can be very cold at night, but in exchange no one should overheat :)

Where is it?

Distances from:

Wagga Wagga 120 kms

Albury-Wodonga 162 kms

Canberra 257 kms

Melbourne 468 kms

Sydney 495 kms

Adelaide 1040 kms

See http://www.laurelhillforestlodge.com.au for more.

C'mon NSW, VIC and ACT, don't let your club down!!

Someone will set up an account for deposits, and I think will either be able to pay on the day, or pay into the account. Not sure yet, but will let you know when I do.

Orange - 800kms

Bathurst - 745kms

I'd be up for it if my car is going by then.

Orange or Bathurst via Canowindra, Cowra and Young is only 370km.

I know the road well, used to work in Orange from Gundagai-Tumut, used to drive up , go to work, and then drive back in the day.

Yeah, I've just PMed the details to Jayce, Trident and Kam33. I guess we just have to pow wow it over... but action is a needed.

Will send you the details Sin.

eds that would explain alot :) also oscar i am more then likely in i thought i posted her already but looks like i missed it. should be a good time though wouldnt 2 days be enough eg saturday drive down come back sunday ???

Just trying to be accomadating. :D Some people may wanna travel further and stuff too,.

its just an option..

Blame Jayce actually. I think it was his idea lol :)

• 2 weeks later...

Mate, we are keeping this first event informal at this stage. We will have some trophies etc, and some music [cd's etc], but we are trying to keep costs down so more ppl can afford to come, so no band etc. We can organise a cruise Saturday morning if there are enough takers. I hadn't really though too much about it, but there are winery's, waterfalls, snowy mtn hydro dams and power stations etc etc etc [sorry no drift/race tracks]. There would be some top photo opportunities and locations.