SAU Community

How to install Reverse EL Dials for a R33 gts25t?

Recently picked up a set of Reverse El Dials for my R33 gts25t,

Was wondering if they are hard to install yourself, are there any DIY guides to it?

My Guess;

1. Take off console/dash

2. Remove Dials/clusters

3. Slip the reversel dials over the originals ones, and connect power to somewhere (err.. cigarette lighter power?)

4. Put everything back together

Can anyone thats done it themselves before assist/guide me, didn't get any installation instructions so its all by GUESS.

=)

the same dash console area (speed dial, tacho, warning lights etc) area

you can get reverse el dials set which is the same console unit but it in a cool fluro blue nightish psycho flurosecent colour insteae of just the stocker white lit colour

Anyone HELP with installing them??

Refer to this page....

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...10&page=8&pp=25

I did it myself, the hardest one is the fuel/temp/speedo section...

Basically pull off the gear stick surround, remove the dash surround, steering wheel column covers & unplug all the wires going to the Mirror control, clock, air con unit.

Undo the 4 screws, 2 which are at the bottom of the cluster surround, then 2 at the top which sit vertical.

Remove the surround, then undo the 3 screws holding the cluster in. One in the center, and 2 either side of the cluster.

Unplug the 2 electrical leads running to hte cluster, and the whole thing will come out.

Remove the clear lens. Very easy as it just unclips, same with the black surround. Once black surround is off, you should know where to go from here.

The tacho will need to be removed to put in the factory boost gauge EL dial. Make sure you dont bend the dials as much as you can, cause if they warp, you will find that the needle catches on the tacho or speedo.

Hope this helps...

Thanks Mr_G, i was looking for a responsee like that,

i've had my Skyline for 3 years and never been happier, with forums like this one wif DIY guides,the friendliness and helpfuliness of fellow forums members..

I THINK ITS TIME TO *!DONATE!*

=)

Thanks Mr_G, i was looking for a responsee like that,

i've had my Skyline for 3 years and never been happier, with forums like this one wif DIY guides,the friendliness and helpfuliness of fellow forums members..

I THINK ITS TIME TO *!DONATE!*

=)

If you get very stuck, you can always pop round or something and im more than happy to give you a hand taking the car apart...

When you thread the speedo/temp/fuel section wiring through the hole, you will need to cut the wire so you can feed it through, as the clip on the wire that goes to the control unit is to big. Cut it, resolder once you thread the wire through & dont forget the heatshrink or electrical tape to seperate positive and negative.

:P