SAU Community

GTR Badge on GTS-T

Drkside

I recently bought an R32 GTS-T, and the previous owner had put a GTR badge on it. I have to admit with the kit and spoiler it looks good however I'm riddled with guilt about its authenticity.

My dilemna is that the badge is stuck well on, and if I try to remove it I will damage the paintwork. Can anyone tell me what exactly is entailed in debadging a car?

use a hairdryer to soften the stickey stuf, then slide fishing line up and down behind it to dislodge the badge.

finally, use a credit card to wipe the excess goo off, then use a small bit of eucalyptus oil to get rid of the residue.

Only coz Jas once stuck a GTR badge on his hyundai and then people teased him he had to learn the hard way :-p

but yes he is right.... 10 points! I like the credit card bit! if only i thought of that instead of a knife when i debadged my VL commodore many years ago and made a few nics in the paint....

use a hairdryer to soften the stickey stuf, then slide fishing line up and down behind it to dislodge the badge.

finally, use a credit card to wipe the excess goo off, then use a small bit of eucalyptus oil to get rid of the residue.

Haha, so clean and to the point 10 kudos for that response uneekwahn. :)

lol, i didnt even use a hairdryer or anything on one of my stickers on the spoiler, i eventually gave up cus i used a knife to get it off with (u know those sliding ones, the name has slipped my mind at the moment)

theyre called doobie whacker thingamabobs :headspin:

Shaun

pauuly, youd be suprised who can be fooled.. most people dont know the difference between an R and a T. Only a real enthusiast woulud.

They just hear about R's and whenever they see skyline they often think its one of those GTR's.

Ive had a couple of people ask me about mine. *slap*

Ive seen a GTR badge on a EL falcon down rocko way. haha

Shaun

I've seen a GTR badge on a EL falcon down rocko way. haha

That is sooo shame file material.. Pics and post em up in the Shame File GTR badge on GTST thread.. I posted the pic of my GTR badge on my Work monitor...