SAU Community

Grand Turismo 4

Mike9

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone finished the Driving Missions yet?

I've done all but two and cant for hte life of me get anywhere near catching the Mercedes on the Final Nurburgring mission ... about 35 seconds short every time, and I cant catch the Yellow 34GTR in the slipstream battle @ hispeed oval circuit!

I just done the R34 slipsteam after a few attempts, first I tried to just drive on the inside of the track the whole time and I came within 0.7 seconds but not quite, so I tried the draft game and after some practice of switching around without them bumping me I made it.

yea i tried the inside too. quite a few times. do you sit in 5th or 6th gear? I usually fall about a second short. I sat on someones ass bumping his speed up so he'd sit a few kmh faster in the corners and so it'd reach about 275kmh on the straights... still no success.

I stay in 5th

Here is a small Guide that a member of GTPlanet.net wrote, that may help.

My "works every time" technique (done it three times now, first time every time) is to never change gear ever. On approach to the first turn, draft and pass underneath the pack, move back to the top yellow line and then switch to in-car/rear view for the straight. Pick a car to allow past - let him slipstream you and then move to the outside to avoid him - he WILL hit you if you don't. Stupid bugger. Flick in behind him, slipstream and pass on the inside on the next turn, then back up to the top yellow line. Keep doing this and you'll spot the yellow GT-R on your third turn. Carry on doing this until the LAST turn.

On the last turn, slipstream and pass on the inside, then stay low until you're approaching the draft zone of the yellow GT-R. Snick up and slipstream him, pass on the inside and stay low again.

You win. Hurrah!

• 2 weeks later...

question, i see like GT wings on R32 GTS-t's in the pics thread, so i was wondering. Can you actually add seperate bodykit parts and modify your car like that? :S Like with GT wings, bonnets, etc.

spyhinx, the only externally visible mods are the GT wings and rims, other than that only performance mods can be purchased....

Kill HSV, iv'e looked at this before as well, in some kind of hope that possibly i could squeeze more hp out of some of my cars but alas it looks like pd took the path of NFSU..... no difference as far as i can tell.....

Kill HSV, iv'e looked at this before as well, in some kind of hope that possibly i could squeeze more hp out of some of my cars but alas it looks like pd took the path of NFSU..... no difference as far as i can tell.....

bah, what were they thinking?

• 3 months later...

i just downloaded GT4 and it wont fit on a standard single layered 4.7GB blank, now before some 1 says go buy a dual layered DVD blank note that some guy told me u cant even burn it onto a bigger size disc cause it wont let u. i dont wanna spend like $7 on a DVD blank and then finding out it wont burn and yes i have a dual layered DVD burner

i just downloaded GT4 and it wont fit on a standard single layered 4.7GB blank, now before some 1 says go buy a dual layered DVD blank note that some guy told me u cant even burn it onto a bigger size disc cause it wont let u. i dont wanna spend like $7 on a DVD blank and then finding out it wont burn and yes i have a dual layered DVD burner

lol buy the origianl instead....

its worth the money as far as im concerned, theres no other racing sim games on the market that are as realistic, sure it pisses you off that the car you drive isnt available lol, but theres like a billion other choices, and as for the drifting thing, like others said, it depends on how you set up your suspension and tyre choice etc, if you jst wanna have lame drifts play nfsug2 :(

the only real problem i have with the game, is that you cant make cars into the race versions like on 1 and 2, apart from that.... love it.

im like 60% through the game at the moment, has anyone actually got 100% yet??? i assume its extremely hard to achieve, GT2 and that are bitch hard to get 100% in B)

don't bother burning it, it's marked down at most shops now adays anyway... shouldnt set you back more than $50.

Jar, I've only bothered to unlock all the seckions and collect enough money to buy cars... i hit 30% a few months ago, i just love racing the ring :(

Jar, I've only bothered to unlock all the seckions and collect enough money to buy cars... i hit 30% a few months ago, i just love racing the ring ;)

which one theres like 4 :)

so just got me an F1 car this mornin, PS2's off at the mo' though coz its been on for 24 hours so i dont wanna blow it up :lol: might have to give that F1 car a burl tonight though, coz all i know is they go fast, and i wanna see how fast exactly :)

B)

which one theres like 4  :blink:

Yeah all sections, so that i can race anywhere, eg. extreme hall, enduro etc...

but i prefer to just run amuck on the ring, heaps of fun :)

Anyhow, the F1 car isn't that fast down the straight, plenty of faster cars.... it's the corner speeds that are insane. most corners can be taken almost double the speed of any other car. I did notice that the F1 car sucks hard at the ring cause it keeps bottoming out...

Anyhow, the F1 car isn't that fast down the straight, plenty of faster cars.... it's the corner speeds that are insane. most corners can be taken almost double the speed of any other car.  I did notice that the F1 car sucks hard at the ring cause it keeps bottoming out...

uh huh, noticed that already, its quick coz it shifts better than most cars, but eventually others will catch up if your on a course with a long ass straight, yeah i lost that freakin race in the F1 gt championship on twin ring motegie ring coz it kept flaylin about everywhere and i couldnt control the damn thing :D

the fastest lap around thr nurb is with the Polyphonic F1 car

4:44 I think it was

yeah but thats a technical course, the F1 cars carry awsome corner speed, no other car will match them, however on a course like "test course" there are other cars in the game that can match there speed, e.g the bentley speed 8, my toymotor GT1 car ( 1011hp to a 700kg car.... paper with a giant turbo yeah baby ), and a few others.

:)

and the F1 cars on a course like the twin ring montegie suck ass, there to light and understeer like a bitch, it takes skill to stop them from spinning out excessivley :)