SAU Community

Auto to Manual Conversion Brisbane?

zymotic

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.O.P = proof of purchase ie. receipts to show its wholesale your getting

but yeah 500 sounds good just have to organise conversion kit unless you can find a full r33 kit that does not need to be fixed ie new clutch and stuff :P

i doubt that you will find a "kit" as such, but if you source a half decent quality twin plate, that will do the job nicely...

you will need at least:

pedalbox

clutch slave/line/master

gearbox

xmember

gearstick

consol section that is from a manual.

flywheel

dust cover(behind the sump...bolts to belhousing.

that should do it.

im not aware that the computer needs mod/changing...i'd have to check up on that one.

i cant source it any cheaper or easier than you can...sadly i dont have any contacts in that area... but buy all means get a quote for the parts and ill check whether i can get it cheaper up here...

dont quote me but im pretty sure your computer may need to be changed....as it wont understand your gear changes or something, i may well be wrong. Besides ppl run na computers in turbo cars, its all about the dodgyness Aaron, you should know this :P

Unless you plan on running some more modifications eg: performance gear. You won’t need to change the auto ECU, yet.

You should be fine with the auto ECU if you’re only planning on doing turbo back exhaust, FMIC ect. I'm lead to believe (well with S13's anyway) when using the auto ecu in a manual it'll still be injecting X amount of fuel even though the clutch is in, and your changing gears, where as in the auto obviously your foot is still on the gas when the auto changes. If you can follow what I mean?

I used the auto ECU with my auto>manual S13 and didn’t have any problems if that helps.

when using the auto ecu in a manual it'll still be injecting X amount of fuel even though the clutch is in, and your changing gears,

that doesn t sound right the way i understand it, this is only true when flat changing......cos if you foot is on the clutch then your right foot is off the throttle, hence computer stops pouring fuel in...throttle position sensor takes care of that

i just checked up and computer doesnt need changing/modding....

and you need to change the instrument cluster as well.

also i can get the complete list of parts for the job, for 2800.....

look around tho im sure someone can beat that.

that doesn t sound right the way i understand it, this is only true when flat changing......cos if you foot is on the clutch then your right foot is off the throttle, hence computer stops pouring fuel in...throttle position sensor takes care of that

Ah yes, Ns.com did my wrong agian. :cheers:

Hey V8

How much do you charge to fit a oil catch tank???I live in Heritage Pak which is somewhere near you.

your talking about an oil catch can???? They are extremely easy to install if thats what your talking about. Btw I was about to pm you asking where you got the JUN front bar from and who painted and fitted it?