SAU Community

PIARC Sprint 9th & 10th April 2005

Roy

Well, i cant head back to NSW without giving Phillip Island an honest crack so, on Saturday the 9th April 2005 PIARC will be having their famiarisation day. Followed by the Sprint event on the next day beign Sunday.

Cost: $130 each day if you get your entries in by 05-April-2005

Ill be heading down for both days, hopefully others will be interested in staying the Saturday night as well, perhaps even Friday.

Regs & Entry Here

The Saturday is great for getting bulk laps and experience on the track. ;)

Just what I needed - hopefully there are no Tx5's on the day to whip my ass! I'm in for now... will get my shit together early and hopefully stay the weekend also

The next "official" club WRX event is the following weekend (16th - Winton) but if there are people thinking of doing this weekend I'd highly recommend it.

As Troy mentioned the Saturday you will get bucket loads of laps. I think I went through nearly 3 tanks of fuel the time we did it and boy do you get to learn the track. Be aware that there is no timing on the Saturday however - it is simply practise.

What they do offer on the Saturday however is driver training - such that an experienced driver will come in the car with you and talk the lap through with you and give you some tips. This is a free service and you can use it as many times as you like during the day.

Sunday is a usual Sprint Day. There are no supersprints - just timed sprints however. Also - it's a full noise meeting so you can run pipe if you wanted to! :rant:

Looks like i wont be doing this day, new bonnet will be getting re-sprayed and wont have the brake problem fixed, and im tightening the purse strings to finally put a stop to the out of control spending from the last 6 months:(

Well it appears i have almost a months pay coming my way in holidays etc so that means the funds might be there.?!?!?!!?

So thinking about it. But only the Saturday practice day. I pray ill have my data logger in by then so will be able to use my lap timer. So desperately want a 1:52-55sec lap and a 12 sec 1/4 before i sell the car:)

Well im throwing some old RB74s back in and bleeding the brakes again...just to get another weekend of fun out of it.

Thing is will anyone else be down? Wont be staying all day or late, probably leave at around 3.30pm as i will need to get back to city to change fluids for Sandown the next day:)