SAU Community

Cam Belt & Adj Pulley

Sydneykid

Well its cam belt changing time for the Stagea, so I figured while doing that I might as well change the exhaust camshaft pulley to an adjustable one. I have a couple of used ones of various brands lying around, but I wanted to try an Apexi one, as we haven't used theirs before.

nengun-product-93.jpg

So log onto my friendly Nengun website and check the prices, they sure have come down in price, $135 plus $18 for freight. Order confirmed, usually takes about a week.

Cambelts, the standard one does the job, this is not a big valve spring engine. Off to the local Nissan dealer, one in stock, $90 thank you very much.

1903Cam_Belt_Small-med.jpg

I will post up a step by step, with useful tips and a list of necessary tools, just need to wait a for the pulley to arrive.:P

A step by step would be awesome SK!! Was looking at that exact same pulley on Nengun - only for the really stupid ricey reason that its yellow/gold - like my Stag :)

If it works out for you Ill get it 4 sure

:P

Order takes a week? My SAFCII took a month to arrive. Speaking of which I get it tuned on Wednesday. I'll let you all know how I go.

A month, that usually means the Apexi warehouse didn't have any in stock, Nengun can't do much about that. The camshaft pulleys were in stock when I last checked, so fingers crossed.....

Looking forward to seeing your results, I have a fair bit of SAFC experience on R33 GTST's but never on a Stagea.

:(

I'd be interested in your opinion on the Apexi pulley (vis-a-vis the ever popular duralium HKS's and Tomei's).

Lucien.

That's exactly why I ordered an Apexi one, to see how it measures up against the others I have used.:(

A step by step guide would be awesome! Are you going to replace the bearings in the idle pulley etc.? I already have a belt here ready for mine I got a few months ago :)

It makes no bearing noise, I will check it while changing the belt. But not usually a problem, unless soemone has over tightened the belt. I am changing the original belt, car has alway been to a Nissan dealer (Dayz) for service. So I don't anticipate that problem.:(