SAU Community

Injector o-rings

paulR32gtr

My no. 2 injector is weeping a tiny bit of fuel through the o-ring. I went and got some replacement o-rings from an EFI place only to find they are too big (after pulling the fuel rail off of course).

I have o-rings that will fit - but they came out of one of those big packs from Supercheap - my question is - will these do - they look like good quality? Or do I need ones that are made out of a special fuel+heat resistant rubber ?

Paul

Ignore above - the answer is yes they are specific fuel type o-rings.

I have been told that these o-rings for gtr injectors need to be genuine nissan ones for r-32 gtr's

Just to confirm you got these o-rings from supercheap auto and they fit your r32 gtr injectors? So what I was told could be misleading?

Yeah sounds right - will give nissan a call tomorrow morning.

I was just wondering if the normal off the shelf rubber o-rings you get at Supercheap/Autobarn/Repco would do for injectors - however it seems not.

Now I wonder what Nissan want for 6 of these little things .... better make sure I am sitting down when I call them ....

Hey,

I got the full kit of injectors seals, rubbers and O rings, 18 bits in total. The 6 O rings were like $10 each or something. I remember total was $180 for everything (i think). All from Nissan here in Sydney

The shop that told me they had to be purchased new said they were $25 each I think if I remember correctly. Try waitara nissan, they have a big gtr sign out the front of the yard so they should be able to help.

Part numbers if anyone needs em in future:

R32 GTR / RB26DETT

Rear O-ring - 16412F - $9.50

Rear Insulator - 16603F - $13.35

Front seal - 16603G - $5.35

Faxed me the diagram - got all the part nos for fuel rail etc - wish I had that damn software they use.

Turns out it is the injector body that is actually weeping fuel.

The first thing the guy at EFI hardware said was "are you sure it's not the injector itself, those injectors are prone to leaking through the body" - guy at nissan was also doubtful that the o-ring would fail.

Damn shame because now I gotta waste money on a replacement stock injector when I should be purchasing a bigger set for use with the PFC when it arrives.

A few of mine weeped. I replaced all seals, still leaked. Ended up putting the new seals on a set of late model R33 GTR set of injectors I bought. Annoying, but you can't fck around with fuel leaking in the engine bay..

• 2 weeks later...
A few of mine weeped. I replaced all seals, still leaked. Ended up putting the new seals on a set of late model R33 GTR set of injectors I bought. Annoying, but you can't fck around with fuel leaking in the engine bay..

Were these a straight replacement with the stock ECU ? No difference between R32 and R33 variants ?

yes 32-34 injectors are identical.

I also tried and failed with some cheapie aftermarket o rings....stick to the real thing from Nissan.

BTW while we are on it, get them cleaned and flow tested. I run 4 sets of injectors thru that process before I actually found a set that flowed over 400cc/min (they are rated at 440cc/min new). Some of them were *dangerously* low....cheaper to test your injectors than to rebuild the motor :P