SAU Community

Stagea 260 RS with R34 GTR front - Price?

NXTIME

Hey guys,

What would a Series 1 Stagea 260 RS with R34 GTR front be worth in Australia? Does anyone do compliance for this particular model? How manyaAre there in Australia?

TIA,

Charlie.

^^^

What he said :D

Its a shame that things like this cant be passed through anymore, but at least it helps drop the amount of previously flogged cars from japan landing over here as it can cost a bit to take some cars back to standard when the parts arent available.

Hello

I can't remember which mag it was in but someone in OZ is making these up using the Masa kit and selling them, how much it didn't say.

You could buy a Stag and do it yourself if you get the Masa kit but you will need to source a bonnet and front bonnet lock mech from a R34 GTR as they are not supplied in the kit if I remember right.

Good Luck as they definitley look good.

Gary

PS What would you call it? A GTR front lookalike station wagon with/without the GTR running gear (let the debate start) :D:)

• 1 month later...

How much would a 260RS with GTR front cost... easy answer coz I nearly went there last week before deciding on a V35...

260RS for sale over here right now in WA for a low $39,990

+ Masa front end including headlights and everything $3500 + shipping (could be worked out for free easily) + fitting and painting. ** Note these are FRP panels so not legal in any state (dont meet ADR crash rules) - so keep your 260RS panels to swap back everytime you get yellow stickered - but hey not many cops would know that they never looked like that from factory - in fact on seeing the RB26DETT under the bonnet they'd prob think the GTR front looks more genuine than the normal 260RS front.

= Probably $46,000 all up for a 260RS with R34 front end :D

:stupid:

Adam

Interesting! - Just spoke to the guy - he got it from Japan like that - having to borrow original panels from another Stagea to comply it... said he'd be asking around $50,000 for it. But it doesnt come with the original panels - so no good here in WA coz we cant have plastic panels or carbon fibre bonnets - so ud want original panels to put back on if you ever got stickered. However he said he could "throw in" some original Stagea panels... but you still wouldnt have headlights, mounting kit etc :( Plus theyd be RSFour panels... I think the original 260RS for $40,000 plus getting your own new Masa kit would be the way to go.

Here's a pic anyways... looks silver to me but the guy said its the Nur-spec champaign/gold colour (respray)...

WGN-8083.SIDE.jpg

:P

So with the kit it wouldnt pass rego?

Technically no - it shouldnt pass an inspection... BUT as with everything - it would depend on how cluey the inspector is... technically its illegal / defectable... but most of em hardly seen a Stagea so probably wouldnt know... let alone a cop to pick it up in the first place. If you got a yellow for something else (tyres, engine mods) I wouldnt even change the kit for the pit inspection - you probably got an 80% chance they wont say anything, and if they do, just do the white lie "it came over like this and was complied like this - from my understanding it was a factory option body kit using genuine panels from the GTR - so was passed for ADR when complied the same way the GTR is". Then in 90% of the 20% of times they might ask you still get off... BUT you might get that persistent inspector who looks real close and realises they arent sheetmetal panels and tells you to remove them and book in for another inspection... in which case you'll need to pay the several hundred dollars to change it over and back again :)

Still worth it though!!! :wassup:

:)