SAU Community

anyone up for some window tinting?

hippy

anyone here wanna get some window tinting, i've got a total of 3 cars that want tinting, its from tint a car so u know its top quality stuff ... original price is 340 for their best stuff, formula 1 or whatever its called, now its down to 290 a car!! .. i can get more discounts i think if i get more people in, anyone??

i am possibly in dude. Get them to 250 and im definitly in. See how much the one down from formula 1 is. I got that on another car and it was pretty good. And besides, i wont have this car in 5 years let alone 15!!!

Originally posted by R33 GTST 4Door

Tint-a-car as "top quality stuff", me foot!  I had tinting for them 15 years ago and guess what........they have turned purple!  :shake:

dude, what car have you had for 15 years!?!?! jeez! Thats like, forever!

well me and my friends are definitely doing the tinting .. its just a matter of where and when ... our cars are a little mazda 323 , a real EVO 4 and my line ... anyone know anywhere else that does quality tinting with lifetime guarantee??

I've got a 32 and 33 that I've threatened to get tinted for over two years now. If someone gets good prices, I'll jump on the tinting bandwagon.

On the topic of Skyline windows, how many other people suffer that greasy film that appears on the inside of your windows during the summer months? Both of mine do it quite badly still (this being the third summer) and I'm a little concerned that it may affect the tint.

Guest (_W.4.S.P._)

windows, how many other people suffer that greasy film that appears on the inside of your windows during the summer months?

only summer ? .... i get a lil grease mark from the dampner inside the door........ i pulled the trim off and wiped them clean they not as bad now

....after christmas for the tint ??? ,, im in if i have the money $

The greasy film I'm refering to coats every square inch of window, usually the front windscreen being the worst. It must be seeping out of the dash or other interior trim materials in our Aussie heat.

what greasy film?? i've never noticed any greasy film on my windows??? what causes it?? i also notice that when i wash the car and then dry it ... if i put the windows down and then up its all wet again ... like water seeps under the seals ... is that normal??

i've got a tint kit sittin here which I got for $25 USD, but I cbf doin it, duz anyone wanna come over n do it, I'll pay em 50 quid. :P

its the same stuff tint a car sells as its "top of the range" tint, i actually got the make n model and ordered it from the US in sheets big nuff to fit an R32 coupe, and lets in a lil bit more light than is minimum legal (coz the factory windows have a tint on them and I wanted to be safe).