SAU Community

Who remaps standrd R32 ECU's???

hey guys just a question

ive got a few mods done at the moment,i was just wondering who remaps standard r32 ecu's i will be gettindg an aftermarket computer round the end of the year when i have finished building a rb24

the only reason i want to remap the standard computer is that i want to be able to drive my setup as it is at the moment and need to save for other more important things like getting it engineered blusliped and registered so im just after a cheaper solution to the prob for now

but i still want to make some desent horsepower till then atleast i hope you all understand what i mean ive had this car for 12 months and im getting desperate i need to drive it so bad

mods are:

1..bigger turbo unknown size bigger than a T4 apparantly? only slightly i can post pics if ppl want

2..custom made high mount turbo manifold

3..externall gate with 12psi spring

4..front mount

5..3inch turbo back

6..GTR pump

7..adjustable fuel pressure reg

8..i think thats bout it

in about 6 to 8 months i hope to have a RB24 in,ported polished head 3 cut oversized valves and heavy springs, cams, rb26 injectors possibly bosch ignighters

and a wolf 3d ver 4 fingers crossed its a huge list but thats why i dont want a after market computer straight away i just want to drive what i have know

so if anyone knows who chips or maps or whatever you do to standard R32 ECU's

in between sydney and coffs harbouri live 1 hour north of Newcastle

any help will be aapreciated

thanks matt :D

sounds like with those few mods, it may take a few times for workshops to tinker and get the best settings and setup for what you are after.

You might decide the turbo isn't doing what you like it to, and put another one, or you change wastegates, or a number of factors. Each time that chip has to be reprogrammed.

What I'm saying, is that if there are a number of things that need doing overtime, the most cost effective option would be a different aftermarket ecu early on.

point taken but will my car be drivable or will it make descent power as it is what will be the limiting factor in the system and about how many KW will i make reliably consdering the mods?? obvius i cant go above boost cut so will i make ...say 220@the wheel or less?

silviarb2032dj.jpg

boost cut can be removed on the factory ECU during reprogramming, that wouldn't be a problem.

good question as to what limitations there are on the stock ecu... not sure whether there are too many in Australia that have really push the boundaries. I haven't heard of too many run much more than about 230rwkw with a remapped ECU. But whether that is because they tend to get sick of reprogramming it so manually (and it gets expensive), or other inherit limitations?

I'm in the same position as you blackrb20silvia... My fresh r32 gts-t import has a fair few mods and stuff done to it but is still running the standard ECU as far as I know. I've been tossing up between getting it remapped, or going straight for the AP Engineering ApeXi Power FC (Which I'll need one day anyway, and will provide better tune-ability than the factory ecu)

They way I figure it... I can either get the factory ECU remapped ($700 or so) or buy the Power FC ($1150 without handcontroller) + maybe $600 for tuning. If you plan on upgrading the ECU anyway I reckon you're better off going straight for an aftermarket one, otherwise you're effectively throwing $700 out the window. I'm in the process of getting quotes for the Power FC install and tune, as i'm leaning towards this option.

Edit: There's an article in a Zoom magazine I have (All about tuning and upgrading your r32 gtst. stock->160rwkw->220rwkw->250+), says the factory ECU can still be used for up to 220rwKW, but you'll need something like a Z32 airflow metre to go with it? I'm not too sure here, bit beyond my level of experience :rofl:

i guess i sorta hade that kinda figure in my mind for some reason??? i was only hoping for bout 230 with this setup and bout 280 when cams injectors ect

then hoping to break into the 300 woth the RB24 does anyone think this is feasable??

i guess i sorta hade that kinda figure in my mind for some reason??? i was only hoping for bout 230 with this setup and bout 280 when cams injectors ect

then hoping to break into the 300 woth the RB24 does anyone think this is feasable??

Anything over 200RWKW and i think you really need to be looking at a full aftermarket setup.

Anything over 200RWKW and i think you really need to be looking at a full aftermarket setup.

I say no to that for a number of reasons first ly after market ecu is defectable.

secondly my sr20 cefiro is going strong over 1 year on aftermarket remap 220 rwkw many others the same where as every second car I hear going full after market ecu seems to blow up after 2-4 months

last reason is if you stack the chances are good they will pay with remapped ecu rather than after market

meggala

I say no to that for a number of reasons first ly after market ecu is defectable.

secondly my sr20 cefiro is  going strong over 1 year on aftermarket remap 220 rwkw many others the same where as every second car I hear going full after market ecu seems to blow up after 2-4 months

last reason is if you stack the chances are good they will pay with remapped ecu rather than after market

meggala

Remapped ECU's are defectable, it's just a lot easier to hide, plus once you hit the point you need a remap chances are you've got a host of mods that are technically defectable.

A shit tune on a remap will blow up a car just as easily as a shit tune on an aftermarket setup.

And if you stack it has to me PROVEN that a particular mod directly contributed to an accident for it to be held against you. Simply having more power isn't enough to hang you with, if you muck with your brakes, have incorrect wheel/suspension setups, etc. that's FAR more likely to get you in trouble.

to be honest with everyone everysingle item on your car that has been altered from the factory is classed as a defect and i mean everything so to be frank i dont give a shit what is and isnt defectable that was not the point of my Q but thanks for your concern anyway

also no one will no it chipped unless making the car excessivley rich and throwing out the a/f mix

and if you look at mods already it would normally be defected i have worked with an engineer through every decision and when the car is finished say in bout 3 weeks all will be perfect not a single defect the whole car is engineered, the car so far is spot on just looking at and slight increase in power and reliability not megga horse power

and thanks meggala i have fopund your sight usefull on many occasions and you came through again

actually chris from the TOY SHOP in cardiff told me bout DR drift so he sounds the goods. 2 respected enthusiasts cant be wrong

Hi guys,

I have some tuned chips that I am selling for $50 for a manual RB20DET. I am selling so chealy as they are simply laying around. They were tuned professionally and remove the speed, fuel and mass airflow cuts. They were tuned for th usual mods incl. 1.2bar, FMIC, 3 inch etc. If you are interested PM or call on 0401 096 663. I am happy to post for nothing.

To install it you will need to get someone to use a solder sucker to remove the stock chip. You will the solder in the cradle that I send you with the chip, instert the new chip into the cradle and drive away.

thanks mrZac what is your car dynoed at and how much torque im not after peak performance just strong performance and major reliability

SlidewizeS13dyno176L.jpg

524nm torque and 176rwkwss on a CA18DEt with a HKS 2510 turbo. This was a conservative tune with 1BAR of boost. Still had standard cams, throttle body, intake piping, and exhaust manifold.

Has a few more goodies now and makes more power but that should give you an idea. Power literally doubled after the turbo and ecu remap.

Here is a dynograph from an R32 GTSt with nothing more than a slightly bigger turbo and cooler=195 rwkws(Full Lock R32)

FulllockDynoGraph.jpg

I would said the full test.. they take it into the McLeod station, shove the sensor up your batty (exhaust) and check for CO and levels. The cops down there hand them out like candy.

The only thing about remaps that I am suspicious of, is sending off the ECU for a proper tune until they actually have the car on the dyno, or have driven the car itself.