SAU Community

xenon and halogen lights

depends on the complier but they usually will either modify your xenons to become H1 halogens (waste of good xenons) or remove the headlight and put some other branded headlight in (i forgot the brand)

to save your xenons, try to source / borrow halogens and get it compiled.. afterwards, just replace them

imo, xenons are WAY brighter and look "cool".. they are also cool temperature wise

my halogens look ugly and not that great, esp in the rain

I had mine replaced to halogens when i took delivery of the car....headlamps still had the xenon word in it...but the bulbs were jst ur normal halogen H1 type. Got my xenons put back in about a week later and holy shit...u can definately tell the difference! Its white as compared to the yellow beams from a halogen. Comparable to the white flourescent tubes for homes I guess to your normal halogen yellow bulbs. When u first turn them on they flicker for like 1/2 a sec then takes about 10 secs to reach full brightness. Definately make a difference on road and looks cool too :P

mine had the headlights replaced,, to halogen headlights,, wires were cut and everything,, grrr!!,, they don't look as good as the xenon headlights,, looks more like the ford headlights

so i just chucked in some HID's and now they are brighter then factory xenon's

• 2 months later...
Got my xenons put back in about a week later

How easy are they to replace??... will be complying my 34 in around a month

and will def. want to keep the xenons.

i bet they will have to take them out for compliance though. damn ADR

any modifications to unit required? please explain for the xenon ignorant :)