SAU Community

32 gtr looses its awd?

was driving my 32 gtr today, gave it abit in first gear in the wet and its broke out in hardcore wheelspin, next thing i saw was the anti-lock light and the awd light was on and the car was stuck on rwd only till i got home, a couple of hours later ive jumped in and the warning lights didnt come on and has been fine since. my question is has this happened to you before and should i be worried about it?

Dude

did you roll / move the car with in ignition on

I've herd that if you roll the car back a few feet with the ignition on - it drops into some sort of diag mode

it has happened to me before – I needed to move the car in my garage – had the ignition on, but could not be bothered to get in the car ?

no big deal

did you roll / move the car with in ignition on

yes now that i think about it i did itbmils, but now like ever now and again when i start it up the warning lights are back on and its rwd till the next time i drive it, so how do i stop it?

and yes it was a bit of fun, makes u realise how much difference the awd makes!

If you stall the car but keep on rolling and say drop the clutch, the car will then go into 2WD mode (the ABS and 4WD light will come on). As soon as you stop moving it should go back to 4WD.

Sounds like you have another problem though, wiring or computer.

check the oil level on the driverside bonnet .. it should hab the hydrolic oil system at the bak... and if that not at the max then refill it.. and also if its full and still doesnt work... lift the car up and there should be a nipple near the rear of the gearbox. bleed that out.. then it should work... if not then its the fuse....