SAU Community

my new rb26 2.8

Matt, if you are so desperate for the dyno print I'll ask if he has it.
Geoffrey, you may also refer to my comment above :uh-huh: I wasn't desperate for the print but you'll recall I was not the only one asking why I didn't receive mine.

Anyway if the engine setup Steve's posted about is legit then good for him. Talk is cheap. We'll see who delivers the goods at Autosalon. :P

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt, if you are so desperate for the dyno print I'll ask if he has it.
Geoffrey, you may also refer to my comment above :uh-huh: I wasn't desperate for the print but you'll recall I was not the only one asking why I didn't receive mine.

Anyway, if the engine setup Steve's posted about is legit then good for him. Talk is cheap. We'll see who delivers the goods at Autosalon. :P

i just got my new engine and very nice indeed what do people think how much power i would make at the rearwheels in a r33gtst put your info in and i give you the honest power figure? as it follows in mods

Rb26 stroked out to 2.8

hks crank  

hks rods

hks pistons  

N1 nismo cams  

hks valves and springs

mild port and polished head

hks cam gears  

n1 oil pump

n1 water pump  

1000 cc injectors

100 mm throtlebodie

pair of 3240 hks turbos

and running it with motec m800 ecu  

3 half in dump pipes into 3 inch nur spec r blitz sys

and nice new pair of fuel pumps and new fuel lines tobe put in  

and nismo fuel reg  

this it was ive got done and now have all built ?  

as im yet to put it in the car i just want peoples thoughts of what power im going to put out in the rear wheels

"i want my penis to be this big... "

I've had some failed dealings with Steve. Although he seems like a nice guy, things don't always go to plan. Would be nice if someone came thorugh with a decent drag setup like this.

Best of luck with it.

A call would have been nice though.

Should be good for a comfortable 200rwkw on a safe tune
LOL... you're joking right? my car has more than that with a stock turbo :P

Your a clown, even an idiot could spot the sarcasm in my above comment kekekegay.gif

As Morgs said, there are sevearl Top Secret prepared R33 GTR's running a variety of different turbo setups but yes, the 3240's are capable of producing some big power.

Erm, keep going

If I recall correctly, arent the GT3240's rated at 580PS each?

aint it like 620?

The top secret R33 GT-R ran 3037's, or 3040's i think

• 2 weeks later...

This is not really the same thing but considering i was buying an intercooler and piping off him and after story after story about not getting it and a month and a half later getting my money back i will agree he seems like a really nice guy but not sure if he talks a little bit of shit. Though he did speak to me about the engine saying it was true though i am yet to see any photo's

I've had some failed dealings with Steve.  Although he seems like a nice guy, things don't always go to plan.  Would be nice if someone came thorugh with a decent drag setup like this.

Best of luck with it.

A call would have been nice though.

Well if it is true, why would you need to ask the power output? I mean come on, i am not an engine builder, and thats not my engine which is getting built, and i could have a fair idea. No offence to anyone here, but if i was going to spend $10,000's on an engine, i wouldnt goto an online forum to find out what power it would be making unless i wanted to boast..... If the engine builder doesnt know then that would be a big concern for me..

Knowing steve for a little while he is the kind of person who talks soo much shit thats its not worth listening to.

I 2nd that.

Apexi TCW LS are in the photo, not 3240's... 3037S are heaps of power, no need to go 3240 on such a small 2.8ltr engine.

Maybe 3.1ltr's but not 2.8.

Steve your a clown

and i got the usual excuse for his car not being at the Autosalons. "Didnt have enough time"

lol. He lied about Buying David Lee's car. Lied about the mods to his car (which he was proven majorly wrong at HIS OWN dyno day, where he pulled jack shit kw).

I ask him for pictures on msn and then he goes completely silent. Someone dreams too much...

*sigh* if you guys read the original post (as punctuation-less as it is) steve was asking for your estimates for the power figure given the list of parts. He was then going to give you the actual figure once it was complete to see how your guesstimates compared.

I don't think he was asking for:

* critique of his choice of parts

* an analysis of his social behaviour

* an msn warrior's review of a fellow forum user

* resurfacing of personal vedettas against other members

* or a parrot's idea of what Chasers is building

this guy's asked a very specific question, and if you don't think it'll work, just say 0kw or don't reply at all. Most of the condescending attitude and useless 2c adding is why this section's gone to the dogs.

• 6 months later...